Thursday, April 20, 2006

Trippin' out

T and I had an awesome few days together. There were a few trying moments, but that's ok. We sorted them out for the most part, and I think a lot of it was/is anxiety about me moving. I put some down to that and some down to....eh, just normal stuff.

The weather wasn't brilliant at times, although mostly we were lucky. I thought it wasn't too cool. T thought it was super cold, and that kinda amused me. He'll get his own back when I move there though, coz I will be complaining about the heat, I'm sure!

We (well, he) spent an insane amount of money on books. I think we both have a bit of an addiction and we would have bought twice as many books as we did if we didn't restrain ourselves. As it was, he had to leave the last book he bought with me, because there just wasn't room in his luggage.

On Monday night, we went out to dinner with some of my girlfriends and their husbands. T seemed comfortable with everyone and they liked him, so I am pretty happy about that.

As usual, I took lots of photos, however it was overcast and rainy at times, so some pics aren't terrific. Also, I have to figure out how to not over-expose photos in bright sunlight/glare. Overall, they came out ok, I think.

We made a list of things we need to do in order to get things organised for my move and we've started working on that. Working on it is definitely easier than thinking about it. I've told my dad my plans and he's sworn to secrecy till I'm ready to tell everyone else. He's cool about it, which is nice and really helps.

There's no 'next trip' planned yet, because the boy is unsure of his work schedule. I'm banking on it being on or before mid May. I may lose my mind if it's any longer than that.

9 Comments:

Blogger Mel said...

OMG....... I can't wait for himself to see the photos of the railway lines and bridges and STUFF!
He'll be over the top with it all!

WAY cool photos--I love the wagon shots and the cemetary AND .... GOSH they're awesome!

((((((((E)))))))))))))
I'm so excited about the photos I don't know what to comment about the rest! LOL

1:02 am  
Blogger RisibleGirl said...

Lovely photos missy! I especially love the old cemetary photos (I love LOVE visiting old cemetaries).

You were wondering about how to not over-expose photos? Get yourself some filters- that will help with glare. ;)

1:58 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's so important that they like your friends and that the friends approve! People like to say, eh, it doesn't matter, but dang it's so much easier when it works out that way!!

Glad you had a good time girly :)

4:38 am  
Blogger kT said...

You've reached The List Stage! Congrats!!!

I'm glad the visit was good.

4:54 am  
Blogger Gary said...

I enjoyed the photos. Thanks.

12:08 pm  
Blogger SJ said...

Huh, I see how it is... I'm not invited to dinner because I wouldn't have a date :(

Oh woe... *sigh*... always destined to be left out and lonely...

*deeper sigh*...

4:52 pm  
Blogger Mel said...

Pshaw, Ian--they'll serve peas and you'll have an instant date.

;-)

(couldn't NOT take that opening! LOL)

7:29 am  
Blogger SJ said...

I don't eat peas - not since working in a pea factory as a student :(

8:03 am  
Blogger E in Oz said...

Mel - the wagons and the railways made me think of you guys.

RG - we'll drive past a cemetary and the boy will look at me and say, "no, we're not going there" before I even say a word. hehe it's a compulsion. :-p

Ang - yep, I even got the 'we all approve' email from the girls afterwards hehe. That was nice.

kT - we're *working* on things on the list! Eeep! LOL

Gary - thanks....and thanks for dropping by again.

Ian - you worked in a pea factory? Huh? We'll have to talk about this!

8:27 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home