Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Two, twenty four, five

Two of us. Twenty four hours till he's here. Five days together. I can't wait!

I took this silly shadow photo when we went fishing, when I was over there last. It's not the most flattering of either of us. Layers of clothing on me pretty much make me shapeless and he looks like he has the world's longest legs. Mind you, I like his long legs. I'd swap mine for his, if I could.
On Friday, we're going to head north to Chiltern, which is an old historic town. Yet again, without realising (because I've never been up that way before), I'm taking him to an old gold mining town. I've done well so far, planning all our trips, by chance, to places where there are lots of rocks and/or gold mines. The boy, being a geologist whose job it is to look for the shiny yellow stuff, has been pleased, to date. I hope it continues.

We'll be there for two days, then back here Sunday, with not much else planned for the rest of the time he's here. It'll be nice to just chill around at home for a while.

I might check in some time tomorrow, amidst all the craziness that is my preparation for a visit. If not, I doubt I'll be around for the next few days, so have a great and safe Easter, and I'll be back with an update on Wednesday.

9 Comments:

Blogger SJ said...

Looking at your shadow - that's the most unfortunately placed rock I've ever seen ;)

11:13 pm  
Blogger grrltraveler said...

IAN! LOL. Trust you to see something like that. I mean, I only read your comments but I have to laugh.

I think it's a very cool photo. I always seem to like pics of shadows for some reason that I can't explain.

The plan for his visit sound good - you both are doing a good job of getting together and sharing the distance, that's great! Have fun and just enjoy him and your time together (meaning: don't check your blog!! lol)

hugs,
a

1:20 am  
Blogger E in Oz said...

It's a footprint, but pppfffffffttt, you're right. :-p

8:14 am  
Blogger Sara said...

Hey chica... I hope that you have the most unbelievable time! I miss you...

9:39 am  
Blogger Anonymous G said...

You're off enjoying your time together right about now. :-)

I LOVE this picture! You 2 look tall and terrific.

xo

3:04 pm  
Blogger grrltraveler said...

Glad to see that you stayed away from here while the man is visiting! I hope you are having a great time!

xo

6:35 am  
Blogger SJ said...

I'm BORED!!!! :(

2:10 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha!! Leave it to a man to COMPLAIN about having long legs! And I'd give anything to be able to wear capris without them looking like regular pants...

Ah, the grass is always greener, isn't it? Hope you're having/had a great time!

7:08 am  
Blogger Mel said...

I just MISS you......

*sniffle*

11:03 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home