Sunday, April 09, 2006

Pass the tissues please, babe.

I mentioned to the boy that I watched Oliver Twist this afternoon. We talked about which version and who was in it, including Geoffr3y Rush and El!jah Wo0d. He hasn't seen any of the LOTR movies, because he's not into movies much and even less into science fiction type stuff. I suggest he should see them, and maybe he'll find he enjoys the LOTR movies.

My boy then tells me that he'd probably find himself unable to sit for so long, and would much rather watch a chick flick. Despite not being a movie watcher, I know he does like a good girl movie. Mind you, he did say he'd do work on the computer while I watched a movie. Being that that's not quite the point of it all, he's lucky that comment was made over the phone. It saved him from a poke in the ribs.

Anyway, I've come up with a short list of movies I might subject him to, including, but not limited to:

Serendipity
50 First Dates
Only You
The Notebook
Sense and Sensibility
My Best Friend's Wedding
Love Actually (although it did nothing for me)
Sliding Doors
A Walk to Remember

....and I'm going to get the whole series of Ghost Whisperer. That damn show always makes me cry. Just the type of stuff the boy should endure like.

5 Comments:

Blogger SJ said...

Oh man. Pass the sick bucket for those movies haha :)

Just so long as you're prepared to watch Boy Movies with him - you know, ones with guns and explosions and blood and naked women ;)

Proper movies, in other words haha :)

9:21 pm  
Blogger E in Oz said...

Haha! The beauty of it, Ian, is that he's not into blood and guts movies either. I'm on a winner. :-p

9:35 pm  
Blogger SJ said...

Besides - don't try to pretend you don't like blood. You laughed like crazy during that movie where the Were-rabbit ate all those people ;)

6:45 am  
Blogger E in Oz said...

And a mighty fine movie that was too. :-)

10:29 am  
Blogger kT said...

Amelie
The Princess Bride (it has swords! and creatures! and torture!)
Grosse Pointe Blanke (also with some guy bits -- like guns!)

5:02 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home