Monday, April 10, 2006

Time cube

I was trying to think of a title to this post and I landed on this website. I read the first few lines ("The half of Earth seen from space, cannot exist without the opposite half not seen... existing as opposite values...") and thought it was interesting. After that my brain started to hurt.

Anyway, it has nothing to do with what I want to say. I think I need Ian's time machine. Not to go anywhere, but to stay in this space, or at least slow things down for a while.

Under normal circumstances, ten weeks would seem like a long time. When I consider that I'll be moving to the other side of the country in ten weeks, it's starting to look like no time at all. I don't operate well with too much time to think. I tend to think of all the things I have to do and see them all in one big snowball that's precariously sitting at the top of the mountain I'm about to climb. I don't want to get buried beneath its weight.

Somehow, I need to start separating all the things I need to do, and start doing them one by one. Right now, I don't know where to start. The mix of emotions I'm feeling is making me a little crazy.

Mostly, it's fear. Of what? I don't know. Just fear.

Flee. Freeze. Fight. I'm not going to flee. I am frozen. I want to fight. I don't know what to hit first.

I'm tired today.

8 Comments:

Blogger SJ said...

Ten weeks? That means you'll have moved while I'm out of the country. That means we only have 34 days left before we no longer live in the same city :(

4:23 pm  
Blogger E in Oz said...

I know! Not good! You'll just have to relocate to the west when you get back.

5:24 pm  
Blogger SJ said...

Depending on how my vacation goes, I may be relocating a lot further away from Melbourne that that!

6:13 pm  
Blogger E in Oz said...

You prefer dodging tornadoes to our lovely weather? :-p

7:01 pm  
Blogger SJ said...

I don't think we've been able to call our weather 'lovely' for at least a month :)

8:01 pm  
Blogger grrltraveler said...

Can you make a list without getting overwhelmed with what's on the list? I find writing lists of what I need to do, then having the ability to cross things off is really helpful! But make the things on this list small things too, so that you finish a few! You'll be fine. You have a lot to do and it's only natural to stress about it but you will do it!!!!

hugs,
a

1:04 am  
Blogger monica said...

OMG, that site is scary. I think it took five minutes for my eyeballs to uncross.

Hang in there. You're a tough gal. We can freak out together. ;)

1:09 pm  
Blogger E in Oz said...

A, yep, the boy and I are going to sit down over the weekend and organise what exactly needs to be done. I've been meaning to do it for a while, but even that has just been daunting, kwim? Thanks for the hugs! I need 'em! :-)

Hey M, you know your move better go really smoothly or I'll panic even more about mine! Haha! Nothing like a bit more pressure on you! :-p

3:08 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home