Friday, December 02, 2005

A change of pace

Had a mind to share something I'd written. I don't want to say I won't share this stuff again on here, but it's unlikely that I will. Perhaps it's just my mood that's inspired me to share now, so best I hit post before I change my mind.

Learn to Fly

Standing at the edge
of a precipice,
frozen with fear.
It's an exhilarating sensation;
adrenalin filled.

Do I jump?
Will I land safely?
I've been here before.
I tripped, stumbled, and fell.
I know this place.

My heart is racing
and instinct tells me to turn
and run away.
Don't look back!!

But I close my eyes,
stretch out my arms
and lean forward.

The wind will catch me.
I will float.
I will find my wings.

And on a breeze,
borne from the warmth of your heart,
I will learn to fly.

4 Comments:

Blogger SJ said...

Very good, Evey! Like it a lot!

6:01 am  
Blogger consise10 said...

Very vivid and well written.

9:25 am  
Blogger E in Oz said...

Thanks guys! :-) I appreciate it.

(glad too that blogger finally let me add a comment to my own blog!)

3:59 pm  
Blogger Anonymous G said...

Nice.
Left me with a smile.

:-)

2:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home