Saturday, November 26, 2005

Turning green

I went to bed irritable last night, woke up irritable, then stupidly decided it would be a good idea to venture to the shops - at lunchtime. O-M-G! I hate the stores at the best of times, but today I was reminded of the insanity that comes with the Christmas season. I will do ALL my Christmas shopping on line and venture to the supermarket after 10pm. It's truly the only way I'll make it through to next year unscathed.

Irritability, combined with an overwhelming sense to kill a few shoppers who felt the need to ponder what they were doing at the shops in the centre of the aisles (people - figure out what you want BEFORE you leave the house, don't wander about aimlessly, pissing off people who may find it within themselves to do you bodily damage if you suddenly stop in your tracks in front of them!), ....where was I...? Ah yes,....irritability and aimless shoppers had me heading directly into Darrell Lea for some chocolate comfort of the highest level.

Way too much rocky road later and I was feeling ill. The remedy for feeling like you've eaten too much chocolate, I've found, is not to eat more chocolate. I was content, because hey, eating chocolate makes you content. But I was ill.

What's a girl to do? Me thought peppermint tea wasn't going to cut it. Too sweet. Green tea, I thought. I'll get me some of that and I'll feel better. So off I went to the supermarket.

Here is the part I should point out that I don't particularly like things citrus. Keeping that in mind, I'm not sure what possessed me to buy the Lipton Green Tea with Citrus. It said it would cleanse me and I really needed cleansing. Why I didn't get the regular green tea sans citrus, I don't know. Somehow the extra citrus made me think I'd be more cleansed.

I made myself a cup. It tastes a little like regular green tea, but mostly, it tastes like a rotting orange. I thought I'd get used to it, but to the end of the cup it still tasted like rotting orange. Rotting orange that's been sitting atop someone's compost for a few days...in the sun.

So what am I doing now? Eating rocky road to get rid of the taste in my mouth. Yup.

And later, no doubt, I'll be drinking that peppermint tea to settle my stomach...

3 Comments:

Blogger consise10 said...

I needed a laugh right now as my stomach is hurting too Kalliope. LOL at your description of the 'citrus lipton', although I do disagree.

Oh and another thing... BOOF... to all the 'fake santas' who don`t want to share the Chocolate treats in their baskets with children who look wonderously at Santa and get nothing!! I could have ripped the white beard of this old bastard this past Friday night at the shops! He broke my sons spirit!

I hate this time of year at the shops too... You arent alone!

9:55 pm  
Blogger SJ said...

I don't believe you can eat too much chocolate. It's impossible. However that may explain why sometimes it feels like the skin is peeling off my face :)

10:05 am  
Blogger Sara said...

Peppermint on top of rocky road on top of citrus green on top of rocky road...

Are you still alive? I think that I would have long since puked!

S

10:15 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home