Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Blast from the past

When I moved down here in 1996, a guy moved in with me as a housemate. Before he even moved in, I knew that we'd end up together. I can't explain why, but sometimes I just know stuff like that. He moved in and we were together 7 years.

I haven't seen him since I moved out, even though we've continued to live literally 5 minutes apart from each other (except for the time I spent living with C, far away from anyone), and our friends are still the same. Till this afternoon.

I was just two streets away from home, got into a turning lane to do a u-turn and he's the car in front of me, also waiting to turn. B-i-zarre feeling! Before I even pulled up, I knew it was him, because he has quite a distinctive looking car and I know the number plates. I'm 100% positive he would have seen me, but I looked anywhere but in any direction he might catch my eye. Why? I'm not sure. I just felt really strange.

I always knew there was the possibility of that happening (or bumping into him at the shopping centre). Didn't expect it to be doing a u-turn two streets from home. I certainly turned my music down and shut my mouth - I know how loud my music is from outside my car and that's enough to get anyone's attention! :-|

Despite the odd sensations, the first thing I thought as I drove away..... Gee, good thing I washed my hair today and had it down. Glad I look ok!

Eh, sue me, at least I'm honest!

1 Comments:

Blogger consise10 said...

You are sooo funny!! That last paragraph had me joking on my glass... and the way you turned your music down...lol. I tend to turn it down at lights where people are crossing and afterwards feel so irritated that I missed the sensation of hearing the song to my taste and level of loudness! Aghrr... why do we do it?

9:57 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home