Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Cliff hanger

The photos finally turned up today, so here ya go!
The smaller kangaroo on the right is the girl, the bigger one at the back is a boy.














This one was taken from our front porch where we stayed.













Mackenzie Falls, Grampians National Park


















As you do the climb from the bottom of the mountain to the Pinnacle, you go through a section called the Grand Canyon. According to T, the rocks are all layers and layers of sedement from fast moving water, maybe a tide, millions and millions of years ago. Yep, got a history and geography lesson along the way too! Being in the centre of the state, it's hard to imagine it was all sea years ago.













This was the part where I was saying rational stuff like, "Don't go so close to the edge! A gust of wind will come and you'll be swept to your death!" Yeah....think positive!














This is the Pinnacle. I refused to go out on that ledge. There's pretty much nothing under the part you can see - it's an outcrop. T was standing on nothing to take that shot. I was trying not to throw up.






















7 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

The pics are so WONDERFUL!

I am just sitting here trying to figure out how I missed all that posting! :)

Don't you worry about any grey hairs - I've had my share! You're too beautiful. And I'm still excited that you've booked your ticket.... It's going to be a great trip, and it isn't too good to be true ya know - he lives on the other side of the country!!!! :) So see! You can sit back and enjoy it!

:D

[[[clapping army]]]

S

12:13 pm  
Blogger monica said...

Yay!!! So darling! ;)

12:52 pm  
Blogger RisibleGirl said...

Those cliffs made my knees go a little weak. I don't blame you for not going to the edge. Yikes!

Kangaroos. Wow. Yeah, I know you live in Australia, but still....

12:52 pm  
Blogger thyst said...

Wonderful pictures! And I would have been out on the ledge. Love the mountains.

You did get post happy...going to have to bring a lunch to catch up.

1:57 pm  
Blogger ezri.blue said...

Wow the pictures are amazing, girlie! And you look quite happy if I might say. :)

As for your hairdresser, just elbow his danglies or something. But if it makes you feel better, I started going grey in my early 20's... I hear stress can do that to you. /sigh

2:42 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pics! Thanks for sharing :)

10:52 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good God... heights are not my friend! Reminds me of when Colby and I used an exterior stairwell at one of our hotels, but the stairs and landings were all made out of metal slats so that you could see all the way to the ground. I was literally in tears and about to throw up the whole way down the stairs!!

The kangaroos are fabulous though, as is the waterfall... oh and that cutie you've got hanging around you in all the pics ;)

5:43 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home