Thursday, April 03, 2008

Offerings

I had a call from an agency about a job to interview for last week. I got the position description today. It's full time, in the city, working for good people in a good environment. The money is...well, it's a lot.

The thing is, I think I've already decided not to go for the interview. I need the money badly and the regular income would be good. But it's not what I want to do. I don't want to be in an office. I want to work how and when I want (within reason, obviously). Turning down the opportunity will mean I stay in financial mud for a while longer.

Turning it down will also mean I'm doing the right thing for myself. It feels good to know that, but it's still going to be hard to make the call.

7 Comments:

Blogger SJ said...

Good for you. It is a tough decision to make, and only one you can make. But doing a job you like will be worth it, if you can stay financially afloat until it comes good.

1:37 am  
Blogger grrltraveler said...

Yep, I agree with SJ and you. Good for you not to 'give in' and stick with what your heart desires. Isn't there some saying "Do what you love and the money will follow?" and it will. But yeah, it's hard to do it when you are afloat on a raft with the air slowly leaking out! :) Hang in there!

Saw your country's weather on the national news today (and we never get news outside of our country! lol). Hope it gets better soon.

Anne

3:48 am  
Blogger Meg said...

I agree, it's not always the financial aspect that should make our decisions. I totally envy the fact that you ENJOY working out, heck that in itself is a major GO-YOU!! in my book!! LOL. But outside of that, go you for realizing that this position, though it may make more money, isn't what will make you happy!

Blissie

2:32 pm  
Blogger Mel said...

Boy....as tempting as it was to take that job with the enticing digits, I KNEW the emotional price was too high.
I'm just not made that way......tried to pretend I was and failed miserably at it.
(thank goodness!)

6:52 am  
Blogger RisibleGirl said...

I've had to make a decision like that before and it was absolutely the right thing to do.

You've got great instincts, my friend, so I have no doubt that this is the right decision for you.

xo

1:30 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Can't say it better than anyone else here, just wanted to cheer you on!

4:38 am  
Blogger Anonymous G said...

It's nice to get an offer like that and be able to turn it down for the good of yourownself!

Doing the right thing is always the best thing!

xo

1:47 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home