Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Dead tired

I don't have much to really talk about, but since Ian asked so nicely for an update, here I am. :p

The top guy in our office came to see me first thing this morning. I've been given more and more responsibility each day for the last few days and I was wondering what the heck I'd be doing next. He actually took the time to go from his building all the way to mine (not a long way, but kinda inconvenient) to let me know three of the people I've been working for have said I've been producing work of superior quality and everything I do for them is exceptional. Did not expect that! But it was pretty cool acknowledgment.

In other news of the day, this was our weather this afternoon. I don't remember the wind being so strong in the 12 years I've lived here. One of our major bridges had vehicles restricted down to regular cars (no trucks, caravans, motorbikes, cars with trailers etc) and the outside lanes closed due to wind gusts and the subsequent diverted traffic was insane. Most of our staff went home just after lunch time and the CEO came around to my office about 3pm and said she thought we should go home. I left just before 4pm and I've never seen the city in such gridlock. My car felt like it was going to move at one point when I was sitting at a set of lights and a gust swept past. Not something I expected at all! We get extremes of weather all the time, but it's rare we get wind like this. We were joking earlier in the day about people rushing out to buy tinned food and stock up for Armageddon, but the whole day was a bit surreal.

Of course, Melbourne being Melbourne, tomorrow is going to be about ten degrees less than today and we'll freeze our arses off. I actually like living in a city where I have to check the weather bureau website each night and again in the morning, no matter the season, to make sure I'm prepared for the right weather, or a combination of every kind of weather possible. Keeps life interesting.

No personal training work updates other than to say I'm loving it. But you already knew that.

7 Comments:

Blogger SJ said...

Re: work - Teacher's Pet ;)

I remember standing in a typhoon on Bourke Street on night in early 2005. Rain horizontal with the wind, sore as it hit my face, and the wind literally blowing me off my feet.

Make it better for when I arrive, I've had enough of cold and rain.

8:55 pm  
Blogger E in Oz said...

I know. Can't help it. I take them apples. :D

Make it better? Dude, you know you're gonna freeze your butt off the minute you step off the plane! Can't help you there, except maybe leave some warm slippers in an airport locker for you.

9:02 pm  
Blogger SJ said...

Stupid Melbourne.

I might have to stay in the airport until it gets warmer then

9:36 pm  
Blogger E in Oz said...

When, in November?? :p

10:13 pm  
Blogger Mel said...

omgosh.......

Hold on to your hats and batton down the hatches!
Craziness.

And yesterday.......we had snow.

*whining!*

10:19 pm  
Blogger SJ said...

Buy a beach hut in Brighton

7:14 pm  
Blogger E in Oz said...

Sure! Lemme just get my spare half mill out of my back pocket. :p

8:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home