Friday, March 07, 2008

Spinning wheel

There's someone in my life at the moment who is turning my brain inside out and challenging me in dozens of positive ways. The circumstances of our acquaintance are a little unorthodox and under normal conditions, I'd have run for the hills weeks ago. I feel as though even saying this here, I'm opening myself up to jinxing all the good that has happened to date. That's the way it seems to go as soon as I mention something like this on my blog. Posting a photo is certain death. I have faith in the universe this time. It's what's kept this dance alive as long as it has.

We've not met in person. We've not spoken. For now, we're happy to keep it that way, even though we could meet half way between our houses in about 15 minutes. I should clarify that the only reason I would have run for the hills prior to now is that we've been in touch for a decent amount of time and we've not progressed past email. But, that's a choice we've made and strangely enough, I'm comfortable with it. Obviously, there has to come a time when we will meet. We've chosen neutral ground for that. We're just not ready, because we're getting all we need from what we have now.

There's a fear factor, too, on both our parts. How can a random meeting, a chance mouse click bring with it such chemistry? I dunno. Fear of losing that chemistry in the real world is something we've discussed and the conclusion is that nothing will be lost, but things will obviously change. So why don't we do it? This all came about by chance. We both did something we wouldn't normally do, and we met. The universe guided that. Whether or not anyone else believes that is moot. We do. So we're letting the universe decide how and when we meet in person, without forcing the issue. The great thing about that is it removes a whole bunch of pressure. Nerves are another thing entirely, but eh, that's to be expected anyway.

7 Comments:

Blogger Mel said...

I'll just smile and nod.....and you'll know why.

:-)
*nodding*

10:15 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, intriguing!!

Enjoy the ride :)

4:27 am  
Blogger Anonymous G said...

Smiling and nodding and oohhing, myownself!

:-)

4:20 pm  
Blogger caro said...

:)

Sounds happy and exciting!

Enjoy the journey!

2:19 pm  
Blogger SJ said...

Hmm, I posted this before but it either didn't go through or was... removed ;)

I won't be negative about online relationships. If you want this to go places then I hope it does. All I'll say is try not to hope too much until you have spent a lot of time together in real life: it is really easy to be perfect online, that's all I'm saying :)

Besides, you know you're only going to dump him for me anyway when I return... ;)

1:51 am  
Blogger E in Oz said...

The cat just threw up. That's the only reason I'm up at 2am to post a reply. :p

Nope, didn't remove anything, so I dunno why it wouldn't have gone through. I don't see this as being an online relationship. We're not in one, but we do get on really well. We've talked about anticipating one off line, but we have no expectations further than being friends. In a couple of weeks when my life is not so hectic and I've finished school, we'll meet up.

You seem confident about the last bit, though. Should I just email him now to let him know? :p

2:01 am  
Blogger SJ said...

Well now, I'll have to just leave that up to you. Not for me to put ideas into other people's heads :D We've never both been single before at the same time until now, that's all I'll say... :P

Cat sick might help the plants in the garden grow. Just a thought. If nothing else the smell might put the neighbours off further parties...

Now stop being up at 2am and get some sleep :)

5:07 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home