Thursday, March 27, 2008

Testing, testing

My outdoor training coach is tonight calling people who trained with me while he was away over the weekend. As long as he doesn't call the girl I winded with a 4kg medicine ball (yep, my bad!), all should be good. He needs to get feedback on how I went and if the clients liked the classes etc.

I realised tonight I'm a lot less confident in my instruction when he's around than when he's not. Hopefully that will be reflected by positive feedback on my classes sans coach. Actually, it's not that I'm less confident. He's more loud, so he makes my loud seem quiet in comparison.

The good news is, I'm finally being paid. Work experience is over!

The next step is to have the woman who owns the franchise company to come out and watch me take a class so I can get accreditation with them and officially be registered as outdoor training qualified. I've met her a couple of times before, and she's really nice, so I don't mind her watching me. Sort of.

7 Comments:

Blogger SJ said...

Don't you get outdoor accreditation through the AIF? I did...

1:46 am  
Blogger grrltraveler said...

I think it's always nerve wracking when someone is watching you do something. Think of when you learned to drive, that sort of thing. It's only natural.

It sounds like it's all going really well and I'm happy for you. Good luck!

Anne

3:40 am  
Blogger E in Oz said...

Yep, but this is specific to S.I.L.

(((Anne))) :-)

6:12 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hiya! Waaaaay cool! Sounds like things are going well and have I mentioned yet that you sound about a million times happier and more content than you did before you started?

4:55 am  
Blogger RisibleGirl said...

I can completely understand being less confident in your instruction when the coach is around.

I'd think everyone is like that. I was co-presenting with my manager to a large audience of bankers from various banks. The presentation was about training- something I'm VERY confident about. I could have done the presentation without any props or notes if my manager wasn't there- but having her there made me lose my train of thought.

(train of thought... training presentation... I just kill myself)

4:54 am  
Blogger Mel said...

Paid! Woooohooooooo!!!!!!

And don't sweat the audience. I mean, what's the worst thing she could do?

k......don't answer that and delete this post. LOL

(((((((( E ))))))))))))
I'm so happy for you to be doing something that makes for a happy YOU.
:-)

10:06 am  
Blogger SJ said...

Post, woman.

7:50 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home