Sunday, March 16, 2008

Breathe in, breathe out

It's been a peaceful few days in my house. My housemate has been away, so I've been solo for 3 days. Bliss! Considering the heat has been intense and my mood has been less than friendly, it's probably a good thing he was away.

He's been back for about half an hour. My blood pressure has already risen considerably. First, he came in the door and tried to change the channel on the tv while I was watching the F1 race, saying it was boring. Um, I like formula one and I watch the Melbourne race every year. So he bitched for a bit before proceeding to put his own tv on and start playing a smash-em-up race car game. Yeah, that makes sense.

I've been trying to finish some assignments for school all weekend, and not having much luck, because my brain doesn't like thinking all that much in really hot weather. Now I have video game noise and music up loud in the background, despite me asking him to turn it down. I am not pleased.

If it weren't so damn hot and I had more energy, I might ask him to turn it down again. But I can't be bothered. I can see myself waiting till the middle of the night, when I can't sleep, because the fan is pushing hot air around the bedroom, to finish the rest of my assignments. My blood pressure has been spiking up and down for the past few days, as I've gone through various stages of anxiety over final assessments and getting my assignments done. It changes by the hour. Right now, it's up there.

I am a leo. I am a cat (even though I'm also a Rat, go figure) and cats don't like doing much of anything at the best of times. When it's hot, we get even more lethargic and irritable. I have no energy. I cannot wait for winter to come. I was born in winter for a reason!

I've eaten more ice cream today, in an effort to remain cool, than I care to admit to, but water stopped having any decent effect early this morning. Yet another week of stifling heat to look forward to. And a night of video game music torture and the sound of smashing cars. Yay. Not.

I've been thinking more often lately about moving out of here, but current circumstances make that an impossible option. I need to find a short -mid term solution.

6 Comments:

Blogger Mel said...

It's 27 degrees this morning.

*sigh*
It's been a longggggggg winter.
But I must say, my housemate's much more considerate than yours!

Scissors to the video game cord?
A bit of water inside the video box.....and no witnesses!

k....probably need to come up with a bit less deviant of an answer, huh? LOL

Stay cool!

8:50 pm  
Blogger SJ said...

Good luck for tomorrow

6:36 pm  
Blogger SJ said...

So what's the news? You one of me yet? :)

10:20 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks! I finish tonight! One more practical assessment. :-)

I take my first solo group class tomorrow night, then back to back classes early Saturday morning.

11:15 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

It probably sounds crazy, but since most homes out here don't have AC, when it does get unbearably hot, folks go to the mall and sit. It's actually pretty common to find folks studying at the mall, particularly in a book store, or on a bench. Just bring headphones to drown out the noise.

5:28 pm  
Blogger E in Oz said...

M, that would drive me nuts lol. I hate shopping malls at the best of times. :p

9:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home