Saturday, March 08, 2008

Moving on

I'm a little superstitious about posting stuff about boys here, these days, so we'll just bump that note down one spot now.

The charming Mr Jones (aka Ian) put me in touch with a gym owner he knows and I went and saw the gym and both partners a couple of times last week. The first time was just for a chat. The second time, I meant to just go down and see how they run a group class. It turned out nobody showed up, which is highly unusual, so I hung around to chat for a while. The next thing I knew, I was giving suggestions and assisting to train a couple of guys - in my office clothes, on my lunch break. But it was fun and somehow I think I managed to make it look like I actually had a clue what I was doing.

Did I mention I'm going to be paid from now on for my outdoor group classes? On top of that, I'll be taking classes on my own a couple of times a week, the last two weeks of every month. Easter Saturday should be interesting. It'll be the first time I'll take two full classes - toning and cardio - back to back, on my own, as my trainer will be interstate. It'll be an early morning and a challenge, but I've already worked out I can be home and back in bed by 9.30am hehe. If my housemate's evil spawn are here that weekend, I'll just have to spike their breakfast cereal with a sedative. They have no concept of quiet....or manners, or cleanliness, or respect for adults.

Anyway, so if I get some work at the gym I went to, it'll mean I have 3 jobs (gym, outdoor and my temp job at the city of the dead (which I love, because it satiates my morbid fascination of unnatural deaths and the medical/anatomy side is helping me with school etc)), plus school. But it's all in an effort to keep moving towards where I want to be. I may be a zombie for a while, but it should only be temporary till about June (which feels so far off from now!).

I'm still training for The Trek. I just have had no time to update that blog. Besides, "I ran another x kilometres today" can get a bit boring after the first few times it's been mentioned.

I may have to wear ear plugs to bed tonight. The neighbours behind our place are having an outdoor party. They're so loud, I woke up from my afternoon sleep (read: I fell asleep as soon as I got home from school) and thought my housemate had his family and evil spawn over. I'm on the opposite side of the house to where their party is, but I can pretty much hear all the conversations and music as if I were holding the party myself. Channel Yoda and show self restraint, I will. Or people could get hurt.

It seems my housemate has less patience than I do. His bedroom is right across, only a few feet, from where the girl behind was having her party outside. At midnight, he asked if she'd keep the noise down (I could still hear it from my room). She ignored. He asked again for them to at least go inside. They ignored. He started yelling. Party goers started yelling. He threw water. They threw food. Yeah, it was mature. Eventually, my housemate called the police, because it was just ridiculous. Meanwhile, I was standing on my balcony, watching the stars and trying to remain as peace-filled as possible. The noise didn't stop for another 90 minutes after the police left. I slept in late today.

5 Comments:

Blogger Mel said...

Well, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em?
Or call in Cousin Guido and his hitmen friends to solve the problem for you?

*nodding*
Opting for the second and not the first may be dangerous to your emotional well being (at some point....LOL).

11:27 pm  
Blogger SJ said...

I should get a finding fee. Since technically this whole process makes me your manager. Or perhaps your pimp :)

4:33 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

She should've invited you guys to to the party...

Sounds like the job situation is a LOT happier than it was just a few months ago! Sweet!

7:02 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like things are going REALLY well for you lately!! I hope life continues this upward trajectory :)

5:12 am  
Blogger caro said...

Forget getting invited to the party - you should have just crashed it :)

Glad things are going so well for you. You deserve it!

8:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home