Thursday, March 20, 2008

Sweet sleep

I will sleep in tomorrow, for the first time since I don't know when. In fact, I have nothing planned for tomorrow, so I may just stay in bed all day.

I took my first full solo session, with no coaching tonight and it went perfectly. The exercises worked, the timing was spot on, and a newbie said she didn't like me anymore. Perfect! (You know you're doing a good job when they start making it personal.)

My coach was happy and I now have the keys. Having the keys means my sleeping in is short lived. I have to take two early morning sessions on Saturday, because my coach will be interstate for Easter. He also told me tonight that he won't be back for Tuesday, so I have to take the kick boxing session on Tuesday night. Wooohoo! Fun! But also a bit scary, because there are a few amateur boxers and black belt martial artists in that group. I have to look like I know what I'm doing. Nothing like a bit of pressure, huh!

What else is news? Um, oh if I want work with another outdoor training franchisee (same company), I can pick my days, so that's good. The only problem is he has limited session times and they're all the same style. Maybe I can convince him to add more sessions or do something else.

In the meantime, thanks to Ian giving me the contact, I've been offered work as a personal trainer in a gym around the corner from where I'm working right now. They want to put my profile on a new website they're building. Aaarrrrgggh! I have no real details yet, because it was literally a 30 second phone call (Hey we want you to work for us. Cool. Here's what we need from you. Ok. Come and see us next week. Sure.) Of course, I hyperventilated from excitement for the next half hour or so and the women in my office looked at me like I had three heads, but they were happy I was happy.

Oh!! Ha! Silly me! I graduated last night! D'oh! How could I forget that? I go back and complete my business subjects at the end of April, for 8 weeks, but for employment purposes, I'm done!!! Finally!

I'm sure there's more, but I can't remember. Maybe I'll add more later.

4 Comments:

Blogger SJ said...

Congrats! You are one of us now. May god have mercy on your soul :)

Remember I get 10% of your salary as a finders fee.

9:38 pm  
Blogger E in Oz said...

Ha! May G-d have mercy on my clients!

Don't say anything, but I'm going to ask Adam if they'll agree to pay my registration as part of a deal to work for them initially (so I can get my insurance), coz I sure as hell can't right now. So, you might have to wait a while for that fee, but you can have 10% of the $0 I'm getting now. :p

9:48 pm  
Blogger Mel said...

<---smilin' BIG time over here!

Yup.....one HUGE smile goin' on.

:-)
(bigger than that!)

10:18 pm  
Blogger caro said...

Congratulations on all the good things, especially graduating!! :)

7:12 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home