Thursday, February 14, 2008

Has it been that long?

Time flies!

Gonna try to keep this short, because it's almost midnight. I'm only awake coz I missed my sleep window and now I'm waiting for the next one. Otherwise, I'll be lying awake all night in the dark.

School is excellent, as usual. However, I have injured my rotator cuff muscles. How badly, I don't know. It's my left shoulder, which means it's no fun to write, put clothes on, do my hair, change gears in the car....anything that involves moving it all that much. I did this last Saturday. Boxing, of course. What else? It seems to be getting better, but it's a literal pain.

I have a new temp job. I can't say where on here. Think typing reports for CSI. Very cool and morbidly fascinating. The room in movies where they identify bodies behind the glass? I was there today. There was a body. Thankfully, it was covered. I'm really not into being that up close and personal to the deceased (ok, except the ghostly type). It's interesting that all the staff are upbeat, positive and make sure they have fun on their breaks. It's a happy environment and I hope I like it there for the next month or so as much as I did today.

Still doing work experience and loving it. I'm taking a good percentage of each class now and the trainer is putting me on the spot. Like tonight, for example, I thought I'd mostly be observing, but we basically took half the class each, even though I had a busted arm. I learnt it doesn't matter how many times you tell people that even though you're only using one arm, they have to use two, there will be one person who copies exactly what you do. Yes, one guy used one arm most of the night. I gave up trying to explain to him to use both. I'm pretty much guaranteed to have at least two classes a week of my own once I complete my course. Scary and exciting!

I don't have much else to report. 'The Trek' is pending, because there's a lot of unrest in that area at the moment and a tree has been laid across the track with threats of violence to tourists who try to go through. So...we wait and see. Meanwhile, I'll continue to train. I ran almost 8km on Sunday...with a busted arm. Not fun, but I need the exercise and release since I've got so much going on at the moment.

And...isn't it interesting that the moment you stop looking for something, it finds you, trips your feet out from underneath you and totally spins your mind? I should have learnt by now to expect the unexpected.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow... I hope the situation improves in The Trek area!

Other than that and the rotator cuff, it sounds like things are going really well :) Glad to hear it, and hope you heal up soon!

4:40 am  
Blogger RisibleGirl said...

That job sounds uber cool! I've often thought that maybe after I retire, I'd like to study forensics and get a job in a lab. I'm so fascinated by that stuff.

You're totally right, by the way about things dropping your way when you least expect it.

With that said, I really do NOT expect a million dollars to show up on my doorstep.

5:31 am  
Blogger SJ said...

If you remember - my ex, "Abby," works at a CSI type place in your town. Perhaps you know her now :)

Happy Valentines Day Eveie xo :)

9:34 am  
Blogger grrltraveler said...

I can totally visualize the guy doing the class with one arm! Hilarious. lol

And yep, the job sounds really cool. Enjoy the morbidity. lol

9:49 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

LOL. Uber cool. :) Keeping an eye on that part of the world and thinking of you!

3:50 pm  
Blogger Mel said...

'threats of violence'?

This is a good plan?
Ummmmmm.....

I'd like you with both arms, please?

Oy.

11:49 pm  
Blogger caro said...

Sounds like things are going well! Your job sounds awesome, I've always had a tiny fascination with that sort of stuff, but I know TV vs. real life are completely different!

Hope your shoulder heals quickly and the situation with the Trek clears up, as well. Always an adventure for you, huh?

9:56 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home