Saturday, February 02, 2008

Two more sleeps!

On Monday, I do my final practical assessment and I'll be certified. Or certifiable. Or both.

We did our outdoor circuit training and program writing assessments today and it went really well. The instructor said my group created the best circuits, planned the best, organised and coached the best. Seriously, we worked our collective butts off and we're going to hurt tomorrow - I hurt already - but we got excellent results and got noticed. That's what matters.

I can't believe I'll have another qualification in two days. My first for this course. It's exciting.

The job saga become a colossal stuff up yesterday afternoon. I had to turn down the temp role, because it was taking too long for the other companies to get back to me. The full time admin role was not given to me, because the lady said they didn't realise they had to pay agency fees for me and the agency wouldn't budge or negotiate on that. I rang the agency and they said nobody had talked to them and if it meant giving me the job, they'd bring the agency fee right down. So now I have to call that company on Monday and tell them I know it's not about the fee and to contact the agency.

I know it's really about how much money I want, but if the agency can make it hurt less, I still might have a chance. The agency with the temp role had only just given it to another person when I called to tell them what had gone on. They were pissed too, but have three people looking for work for me now, which I appreciate a lot.

I got a document from my gym/school today, requesting reference details in relation to the job I applied for there, so that's good news. I know the pay will probably not be something I can live on and the work won't be entirely stimulating, but lots of prominent industry people walk through those doors each week to coach and do workshops, so it would be a great environment to build contacts and be noticed. I'm not getting my hopes up though, coz I'm stressed enough as it is with no work without working myself up even more.

If my legs aren't too sore tomorrow, I'll be doing hill climbs at the Botanical Gardens. Joy. At least there's nice scenery.

2 Comments:

Blogger SJ said...

You are about to become an AIF Gym Instructor... I am already an AIF Master Trainer...

I think that means I out-rank you and you have to do as I say...

:D

10:29 pm  
Blogger Mel said...

Certified!

*doing happy dance*

*whizzing around singing happy tunes*

Wooooooohoooooo!!!!!!

(who'da thunk this, years back!)

*dancing happily*

1:58 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home