Sunday, February 03, 2008

Ghosts

Ghost #1 for today. Or whatever it was.

I did an 8km walk today. More details will eventually be on the other blog, but I won't go into detail here, coz that's not what this post is about.

There were a lot of people around, but not so many that I couldn't keep track of who was in front or behind me. About half way around the track, I saw some people ahead of me, walking in a group. In front of them, there was one guy, kneeling on the ground and looking in a backpack. On one side of the track was the road. On the other, a six foot steel fence with spikes at the top.

The kneeling guy was about 15 metres in front of me. I looked down at my feet and adjusted my hat, and looked up again. That took all of a couple of seconds. When I looked up, the guy was nowhere. Gone. It only took me a few more seconds to walk to where I saw him. I could see through the fence. He hadn't gone over it. He also had not crossed the street, because I stopped to look. He was just not there anymore. Vanished. Very weird! My housemate thinks the heat made me hallucinate, but I know the dude was there and then he was not. Just odd.

Ghost #2. Who remembers James? Huh, huh? I know some of you do.

Who knows what possessed me (maybe the guy on the track), but he was on line today and I contacted him to say hi. It turns out he looked for me on LDR a couple of times. I asked why and he said just to say hello, but I found it curious he'd do that.

I can't really describe how I feel chatting to him now, but it's good. He asked if I would mind if we kept in touch. I don't really chat on line anymore, but I'd be happy for that. He's a nice guy, even though he was doofus enough to miss his chance - twice - with an awesome Aussie chick.

Strange days, indeed.

7 Comments:

Blogger SJ said...

You know an awesome Aussie chick? Wanna give me her number? ;)

9:53 pm  
Blogger E in Oz said...

:-p I knew you'd say something like that.

11:10 pm  
Blogger Mel said...

You're such a forgiving soul.
And soooooo prone to hallucinations. ROFL

JUST kiddin'....
Really!


I wish good things for James.
And for the ghostie with the backpack.

11:48 pm  
Blogger E in Oz said...

Yeah, I know. Forgiving, maybe. He's an alright guy. Although, anything to do with Vegas makes me...well, it's bittersweet. I had an awesome couple of weeks there and around NV, even if I was by myself.

11:57 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woah! Two crazy incidents indeed!

I'm glad for you that you've found your peace with the James situation, and I do hope that out of all of this a friendship can spring. Although I have to say, he is a LUCKY guy to still be in your good graces!

6:42 am  
Blogger grrltraveler said...

I love that about time. It goes by and things fade and you can still enjoy a conversation with someone who did you wrong. You loved him for some reason and that's the stuff we remember. It's all good.

And seriously cool about the ghost, unless it freaks you out.

3:55 pm  
Blogger RisibleGirl said...

Yup, I remember James and how traumatic that was.

I'm proud of you for being such a forgiving person. Life is just better that way, ya know?

7:43 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home