Friday, February 01, 2008

Nothing and everything #1

I feel like I've done a million things this week and somehow am not much further ahead than when I started.

On Wednesday, I found out when you need to go for an interview and it's a stinking hot day outside, it's probably best not to walk across the entire city to get to the interview, or you'll end up hot, sticky and pretty disheveled. There are better ways to achieve that look than hiking across the city in the heat. The interview went well, but I'm annoyed at the people. I emailed them the salary I am looking for (if I am going to work in an office), so they knew what I wanted. At the end of the interview, I wanted to confirm they understood what I was after and asked again. Sigh....of course not. Yes, we know what you specified. No, we're not really offering that, but we could work up to that over time. They know I need work and I don't want to settle. It's one thing to accept a totally crap wage to get an initial start in the fitness industry. It's another to settle in an industry in which I have excellent skills and experience. Oh well, I will cross that bridge when/if I get offered the position.

After that interview, I walked back to school, got changed into cooler clothes and went across the road to the supermarket to buy myself lunch and dinner items. Plastic bag in hand, full of groceries, fruits, cheese, drinks, I was walking up the escalators and who the heck knows how, but I tripped up the escalator and now have a shin that looks like I've been attacked by an industrial size cheese grater. There was a guy standing behind me, who caught my peach as it bounced down the 5 steps to where he was standing - grinning at me. The arse fell out of the bag, because it got caught on the edge of the stairs, so every time I put things back in, they'd fall out the bottom again. Meanwhile, I was conscious of having to get everything off the stairs, somehow into the bag and me standing up before my fingers and groceries were sucked into the top of the escalator.

I was very close to kicking the shin of the security guard who stood at the top and watched, not offering to help, or see if I was ok. Mind you, at that stage I hadn't looked to see what I'd done to myself and it didn't start to hurt like a bitch till I looked. I got back to school and asked for some antiseptic wipes from the first aid kit. Of course, they'd run out of those and only had alcohol wipes. Holy cow (I used more interesting expletives than that) those things sting on an open wound!! Thankfully, the first shot of pain made my leg practically numb, so cleaning up afterwards didn't hurt as much as you'd think. Funnily enough, I have no noticeable bruising, which is good. Just gashes. But they look kinda cool.

I'll do a part 2 or this post will get really long...

1 Comments:

Blogger RisibleGirl said...

"There are better ways to achieve that look than hiking across the city in the heat. "

....agreed. ::snicker::

7:46 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home