Thursday, December 27, 2007

Priorities

I've been walking each day, for about an hour or so, in the afternoons. The realisation hit me the other day that I'm not as fit as I was telling myself, so I thought I'd better do more than I was to get healthy. Naturally, it was quiet on Christmas Day and I didn't see many people out. Yesterday, there were more, but in cars, not walking.

I walked past one house where a young guy had just parked his car. The problem was, he half drove over a wheelie bin and it was stuck under the back of his car. When he got out, I thought he mustn't have realised, because he was acting all cool, but he saw me notice the bin, then him, and gave me a dopey yeah-I'm-an-idiot look. I smiled and pretended everything was normal till I got two houses away and laughed my head off. I heard him trying to pull the bin out from under the car, but I didn't want to embarrass him more by turning back to look, so I just kept walking.

My eldest sister gave me a gift voucher for Christmas. She specified that it was to be used for lingerie. I don't need or want any, so I bought two camping chairs and two ice packs instead. My mum was all contrite and said I should have bought myself something beautiful. I did. Two sexy black chairs that I'll use and appreciate much more than lingerie. If she thought I should have nice lingerie, she could have given me a liposuction voucher. I'd need that first. :-D

One of my housemate's kids started playing with my exercise equipment yesterday, for the second time. I only knew about the first time, because the plates on my hand weights were loose and my housemate confirmed they'd been playing with them. They're lucky they didn't break a toe. In the calmest voice I could muster, I gave the "these are not toys" speech to the 6yo and suggested my things be put back where they came from. I'm sorta pissed at my housemate for letting his kids touch my stuff without asking me, so they thought it was ok to do it again. Uh, no.

And Jones, nope, no boys were anywhere near my Christmas stockings, nor shall they be any time soon. I'm so completely uninterested in having anything to do with boys at the moment. I don't have the time and really can't be bothered. It's nice just having to look after myself and not worry about anyone else.

Anyway, I'm happy and positive and focussed on continuing to be happy and positive. Life could be a lot worse. I feel good.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mel said...

Oh....I'm tellin' Dr. Ruth you said that!

;-)

12:52 pm  
Blogger E in Oz said...

LOL I'll let you, Mel! I was at a girlfriend's place last night and we realised we don't even know any boys at the moment - none that we'd be interested in, anyway. Boys just complicate stuff. :D

10:21 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home