Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Why square is better than stiletto

A small, square heel is a much better option than a stiletto when you're running late for your tram to an interview, and you're walking fast and do not want to break an ankle in the process.

You have a minute till your tram comes, so you put down your folder, handbag and jacket while you wait. The tram comes and you get on, take out your money, buy a ticket, then realise you left your folder at the tram stop. As luck would have it, at this moment, the tram stops again. You need to make a split second decision. Do I keep going to my interview and hope my folder is there when I get back? Do I jump off the tram?

I took option two. People must have thought I was nuts, getting on the tram, buying a ticket and promptly getting off again. Drivers by must have thought I was a tad odd, running down the street in my thankfully only 1.5 inch high square heels, two and a half blocks back to where I started. I could see a guy going through it (it had my address and photo inside), but he put it back before I got there, so I said nothing. Ten seconds later, the next tram came and I got on, sat down and started taking in oxygen again. The interview went well.

Other interview news. One gave the job to a person already working for the company. Another was offering about $15K less than my minimum. The third is too far out from the city for me to conveniently get to my course during the week, so they made the decision it would be too much trouble for me. Eh, whatever. I got calls from three agencies yesterday, so things are looking alright ...for now.

5 Comments:

Blogger SJ said...

You should prance around bare-footed, like a hippy girl at a festival :)

5:21 pm  
Blogger E in Oz said...

LOL You know I do that when I don't have interviews planned. :p

7:12 pm  
Blogger SJ said...

I bet you braid flowers in your hair too :)

10:28 pm  
Blogger caro said...

I've been playing catch up, but I hope a wonderful job opens up for you soon! *hugs*

8:10 am  
Blogger SJ said...

So are you having a naked Xmas at your apartment this year? Better be careful what you carve, if you do... :)

9:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home