Sunday, December 02, 2007

I'm a bit slow sometimes

I know by now that when I'm stressed or worked up, even if I don't consciously acknowledge it, it shows in my body. Logically, I know how the body works (or doesn't work) when you're stressed, and how that causes problems. I put on weight. I get sick. I remember how unwell I got when I left my last job. For the last month, I've had hayfever, sinus problems, bronchitis, headaches, fevers, the lot. It all culminated on Friday when I was so cactus even ice packs on my head couldn't cool me down, and I spent the night throwing up. I know this is my body getting rid of all the tension and negativity - and some really nice food, ha! (My housemate, typical guy, went out for the night, coz he wasn't sure quite what to do with me. To his credit, he did tell me to call his mobile if I needed anything. Apparently, "kill me" wasn't on the 'anything' list.)

It's taken me until today to say to myself, this is what my body does every single time I try to power through situations without cutting myself some slack. By last night, I felt better than I have in a while. I'm tired, and worried that if I exert myself I'll bring the headaches right back again. But I studied for three hours last night and that's something I haven't been able to do since I started my course.

Now that my body has done it's purging, I'm excited by a complete change in fitness (because there's still plenty of work to be done there!), job and lifestyle. All I need is to get a job with a salary I can live on for the next few months and the rest will work itself out.

In the meantime, can someone tell my abs to stop hurting. Muscle memory should only have to apply to pain from exercise and throwing up ain't exercise in my book.

3 Comments:

Blogger SJ said...

I'm thinking that by now you should know what DOMS is... :)

You are right - all you really need is enough money to cover expenses.. if you can get that, especially if it's in a fitness job, it'll stand you in good stead in every way - including giving you time to study and work out :)

9:27 am  
Blogger Mel said...

Oh how good we get at listening to just one piece of us.
Unfortunately, most the time I'm listening to my brain--which is very, very bad......

*hugs*

Sounds like you need time to just BE and get 'stuff' back into where it needs to be.
AND a cool job!
Cool=enough to get paid what must be paid WHILE you're getting the time you need for you.

10:39 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Just a short note to say I'm glad you're feeling mostly better.

Meanwhile, Ian and Mel had some great advice for you. ;)

Hugs!

(HAHA, my security word was nappt!)

1:35 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home