Saturday, December 08, 2007

On course

This whole study business is hard work. It's been a while since I've had to think so much for such an extended period of time. And just when I think I've got it under control, I have to think more about something I have no clue about.

Having said that, I'm having fun. That is, if you call doing a boxing boot camp at 8.45pm on a Wednesday, in a city park, fun - which I do. Granted, most of us wanted to die (or throw up, whichever happened first) about half way through, but we felt good for finishing afterwards. Last night, I discovered I strained my neck and could hardly move it all day today, but that's the price you pay. It was fun. Really. In a painful way.

I spent all of Thursday with the full time students, in order to catch up on last Saturday's class, because I'd been sick. O-M-G. To say I now fully appreciate my class so much more, would be an understatement. Their class is too big, they talk and interrupt constantly, they don't listen. I could go on. I may as well have just read my course notes, because I barely absorbed anything the entire day. Concentrating was about impossible.

My class? Cohesive, co-operative and we work as a team. We've been told now by three of our instructors, on separate occasions, that they're impressed by our class and how we support each other, as well as the way we interact as a group. Today, we were told we're the most professional class as well. Yay us! :-)

The funny thing about my class is that the majority of us are competitive, but we're completely encouraging of each other as well. We did a mini circuit in class before our assessment this afternoon. It didn't take long till we were totally out of breath, sweating and trying to outdo each other, but at the same time, encouraging each other to do even more. It felt good - it feels good - to be in such a positive environment.

We finished the session with a practical assessment and I kicked arse in that, too, with full marks. Leigh and I almost deafened each other by accidentally tapping on the stethoscope (used with a sphygmomanometer) while we had it in our ears. Who knew those things were so loud? Geez!

I'm happy with, and surprised by my progress so far. A couple of people have said they think I'll top the class. I don't know about that. I'd like to, for myself, but I don't know if I want the pressure of everyone else's expectations on me as well. Our first exams are next weekend, so I'll get a good indication then, I suppose.

I can still hardly move my neck and head, but I have things to do and a house to clean before some people come over tomorrow. Nothing that a few pain killers won't help me accomplish.

13 Comments:

Blogger SJ said...

What's all this "I strained my neck"? You should be able to tell us exactly which muscle you strained by now :)

Have you done First Aid yet? Remember the treatment for a strained muscle - RICE... :)

7:02 pm  
Blogger E in Oz said...

Hehehe I didn't want to get all technical. I've completed the study questions, coz we have to submit them by the end of next week. That was easy. We're doing FA1 & 2 in a week, after we finish FE23 & 24. Then gym instruction. Woohooo! :-D

The more I get into this, the clearer I can see my grand plan for world domination. You can be part of my plan if you like, but I may make you wear pink, just because I can.

9:17 pm  
Blogger SJ said...

Or perhaps I'll let you be part of mine... ;)

I sort of plan to open a gym in Aussie in 5-7 years time. Perhaps I might let you be my partner... :)

6:47 am  
Blogger Sara said...

sweet - can you put rice on your brain??

GL sweetie! I'm really proud of ya!

S

1:12 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Goodness woman! Pretty soon you can start starring in action movies! LOL !

11:08 am  
Blogger Mel said...

*wincing in pain*

Yours, of course.
I'm not quite THAT nutz!
;-)

11:30 am  
Blogger SJ said...

You're unemployed now, you should be sitting around all day doing nothing but posting ;)

7:42 pm  
Blogger E in Oz said...

Hehe, I'm sitting around all day doing nothing but studying...oh, and going for interviews. ...And stepping in as PM. :-p

We have our first major test tomorrow night, so I'm kinda freaked out right now. Got interviews all tomorrow arvo, so I can't even do last minute cramming.

10:51 pm  
Blogger SJ said...

What test do you have?

11:05 pm  
Blogger E in Oz said...

Emailed you.

11:38 pm  
Blogger SJ said...

Um, no you didn't. I never got your email about the PT vacancies either. You must be emailing your other Scaramouche Jones... :)

11:57 pm  
Blogger E in Oz said...

Sheesh. You will have two different email addresses! You should have them both now.

8:37 am  
Blogger SJ said...

::confused look::

No I don't, I only have one email address... the scarajones one gets auto-directed to my real email address, I never look at the scarajones one...

Anyway, whichever email address you sent them to today, I got them :)

9:43 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home