Monday, December 03, 2007

Ah, I remember now...

My, I suppose you could say study partner, in my course, is 24. He's a nice guy and we work really well together. His gf is 29 and between them they have 3 kids (2 hers, 1 theirs). Yeah, I know! She's also doing the course, but she started later than us, full time at another campus, for various reasons.

L sent me an email the other day thanking me for some information I'd given him. In the email, he asked how old I was and if I was looking for someone, because his 25yo BIL is looking for a gf. When I got that email, I laughed. It's been quite a while since I was asked that question.

He's a genuinely very complimentary guy, my study partner, and apparently told his BIL (called Adam, of all names!) that he knew I was around 30, but looked much younger than that, and I'm the smartest one in the class. You can see why I like the guy, right?

Three things happened. I changed phones last week and all my numbers didn't come across to the new one. L sent me a text early in the week and I thought it was from his regular number. And I received the email he sent me late on Friday night when I was feeling, and being really sick, so I didn't reply.

Saturday morning, I was too sick to go to class, so I replied to the text message he'd sent me earlier, thinking it was his phone. His gf replied, so I thought she just had his phone at home. We exchanged a couple of messages about me making up the class I missed with her full time group on Thursday. L only told me tonight that I'd actually been sending messages to his BIL's phone, not his. BIL got all my messages about how old I am and how much throwing up I'd been doing. Lovely impression, huh!

It's funny. It's flattering to get kudos and a glowing recommendation as a potential 'date' (oh, how I really dislike that term) from a 24yo guy who, as he says, hardly knows me. It's nice. But it reaffirmed my desire for this next period of time in my life, at least while I finish my course, to be a boy-free zone. I've never been so unmotivated to be in a relationship of any form in my life. I don't have the time or the inclination.

But...having someone suggest that I might be a good person to go out with, even if I don't want that right now...is a nice feeling.

4 Comments:

Blogger SJ said...

You always did have a thing for young guys :)

12:24 am  
Blogger Mel said...

How long is this course, again?
;-)

12:40 am  
Blogger Angela Noelle said...

It's always nice to get those little ego boosts from time to time :)

6:42 am  
Blogger E in Oz said...

Hmm Jones, a thing, perhaps, but I've only ever gone out with older guys (except one). Maybe that's my problem. LOL

Mel, it finishes at the end of May. Feels like a long way off right now.

Angela married girl!!! :-) Yep, it's nice. :-)

12:16 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home