Saturday, December 15, 2007

Competitive

I have discovered the joy of purchasing items on e bay. I have worked out that it's because the few things I have bought are things I won't stress about if I don't win. I bought a heart rate monitor watch that counts calories and does other nerdy fitness stuff. It was only $16 and works really well. I was going to buy a full size skeleton (oh, yes I was!), but no job and never ending bills means sticking to things that are actually a priority. Besides, I can get a set of bones in a month or two when they're an actual tax deduction. I digress...

There is a weights bench I'm bidding on now. It's only $20, as opposed to most of the other benches that are selling for $150+. It doesn't bother me if I don't get it, but a minute ago I was outbid - by a whole 50c. I'm going to bid a couple more times then let the dude win. If I can't have it, at least he'll have to work to get it. Yes, my shifty streak is showing. I blame it on being seriously overtired.

The tiredness is due to a late phone call last night from my study partner, that he was coming to my place to pick me up so I could stay at his place (with his girlfriend, two kids, her brother, two dogs, three cats, fish and a snake....) and we'd study for today's tests. To say it wasn't really productive would be putting it mildly, but we did get some done. I got to sleep around 1am. It was so hot I was awake at 4.30am, so I got the books out again. By 5.30am I was ready to sleep, by 6.15am I was getting my clothes on to have breakfast.

Needless to say, my brain wasn't entirely engaged for our first assessment and I made some dumb mistakes. Still, I managed to do more than pass, so I was not too unhappy. Having said that, I was always going to be annoyed if I got less than 100%. Oh well. I did well in the major practical assessments.

Two more nights, then we have a much needed two week break. The first component of our course is over and I'm so ready to move onto the next part. This is where it is going to get fun.

But now? I'm going to lie on the couch and watch tv for all of the ten seconds there will be before I fall asleep.

7 Comments:

Blogger SJ said...

You bought a heart rate monitor off e-Bay? Ew... and you're happy wearing it, knowing that its been around someone skanky blokes big sweaty bosom?

Well done on passing the test! So now you are starting on GI?

7:11 pm  
Blogger E in Oz said...

Hehe, no it came new from a shop. Only sweaty person it's been near is me.

Yeah, GI starts the first week of Jan after the holiday break. We're all excited about it.

7:32 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

GI is where the real fun begins. You do a lot more practical things in the gym. You also have to do Girth Measurements & Skin Fold tests on eachother, so better get that bikini line waxed... ;)

10:20 pm  
Blogger Mel said...

Alas.....I fell prey to the ebay experience ages ago.

I found some really GREAT train 'stuff' for himself's train cabinet there.
OH! OH!!
Birthday prezzie!!!
What a brilliant idea!
Thanks!

1:49 am  
Blogger E in Oz said...

I bet 3bay is a veritable smorgasbord of train 'stuff', Mel...and I could see you getting excited about it lol.

Jones, we've done the measurement stuff already and that was alright, but not the skin fold stuff. It doesn't help that my study buddy has no extra skin to fold and I have enough for both of us. NOT something I'm looking forward to. Maybe someone will give me liposuction for Christmas.

5:56 am  
Blogger SJ said...

Nonsense. You need feeding up :)

9:23 am  
Blogger SJ said...

Booooooooooooooooooooring!

Santa doesn't come to little girls who don't post!

6:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home