Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Life is weird

Not necessarily hard. Definitely not easy. But weird. Today, I realise, I live with two rather odd men and two equally odd (in their own feline way) cats. The cats have an excuse. I'm their human mother. How could they not be slightly unbalanced and neurotic?

G is weird in that he's an (un)balance of very emotional, wear-your-heart-on-your-sleeve kinda person who is moved to tears quite quickly, and driven perfectionist with quirky OC tendencies.

T, my housemate, is another kettle of fish altogether. His quirkiness is all s3x related and I'm not sure how much I wanted to know about the s3x life of someone who is a housemate and coworker. He's on the dating sites. Not the vanilla ones, either. His profile pic is of him bungy jumping....naked. Yes, G and I have seen this. He's warned me he has a penchant for walking around the house naked. Granted, I haven't seen this yet, thankfully, but I have unwittingly viewed naked butt as he lost his towel just as he got to his bedroom from the bathroom. He's quite open about what attracts him. Blondes aren't his thing (he's more into darker colour skin), but he did offer to give me an experience he thought I might find pleasing if I hadn't tried it before. Um....yeah... :-/ Last night, he pretty much told us that if G had darker skin, he'd find him even more attractive. G thought that was kinda cool, till I explained it was an invitation. Speaking of invitations, T also suggested we might like to go to a swingers party with him some time. Like I said, um.....yeah....not.

G and K have some major financial and business stresses at the moment. G has been pretty close to having a breakdown and, on my birthday gggrrrrr, had stupid thoughts of ending it all. He's had counselling since then and a smack to the side of the head from me - figuratively. He's enabling K ridiculously to not get out of her emotional mess related to the business stuff, but at least he can see that now and will put a stop to it. After the last two weeks, I swear I should be a lawyer and a counsellor. I'd make a fortune. Just don't ask me to work on myself. :-p

When I moved in here, the plan was for G to find elsewhere. The plan didn't work out so well. He and I don't have any relationship status. He just stays here. T has a friend who has a place G could have rented by himself and I suggested he take up the offer. He asked me - and T - if he could continue to stay with us till he's had more counselling and feels better about being by himself. Not really something you can argue with. At least he recognises he needs people around him while he figures himself out.

The situation is not ideal. I've joked with G that if I find someone I'm interested in and I want to bring them home, that he'll have to sleep on the floor. We laugh about it, but it is a bit of a spanner in that regard. But honestly, it's not like I'm really in the market for another guy right now. And why would I be? There's enough of a saga going on in my home without bringing someone else into it. I'm watching it all from a semi-detached point of view and I don't have to fight with anyone over the popcorn.

6 Comments:

Blogger SJ said...

I reckon you owe it to theblogging community to go to the swingers party, just so you can posts about it... :)

5:41 pm  
Blogger Sara said...

I don't know - I think that you might have to fight us for the popcorn (unless there isn't any butter in which case you can keep it.)

Hope that you're feeling better today. All I have to say is that if G winds up sleeping on the floor just make sure that he and T don't get together to find a video camera... that could get a little wierd. :)

Love ya

S

11:30 pm  
Blogger Mel said...

Pass the popcorn, please?

Gosh.
My head's spinning......

12:13 am  
Blogger caro said...

Wow, I would say your title is definitely appropriate. I think I'm with Mel, my head's spinning a little bit too...*hugshugshugs* And I'll let you have the popcorn, but only because I have my own and don't like to share :p

4:30 am  
Blogger Anonymous G said...

Oh my....

well.

hmmm....

I would say that I'm worried about you, except I know that you are perfectly capable of taking care of yourself. (and others around you, it seems....)

Just take care of you.

And make sure to share your popcorn with Mel.

hugs!

2:07 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

LOL, one more vote for checking out the swingers party! ROFLMAO!!! Sounds like a bit of a weirdo, IMHO.

Ever put sour cream and onion powder on your popcorn??? YUM!!!

2:11 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home