Sunday, July 15, 2007

Sideways to hell

The lovely big boss, who so carefully avoids even the slightest eye contact with me these days, asked my team leader to have another 'talk' with me. He wanted to know if I would be happier working in the finance department, because so much of my job has to do with accounts. F*CK NO!! I didn't say it quite like that, but it was pretty close. My team leader was happy. He said he was only passing on the question and didn't think it was a good idea, either.

Why the hell they think I'd be happier working with people who irritate me, only talk to me when they want something, and me concentrating on doing the part of my job that I hate the most now, is beyond me. I have always said that as soon as I get a full time offsider, I'll be passing the bulk of the accounts responsibility onto them and I'll concentrate on what I was originally employed to do. Dumbarses!

Travis is looking to leave. This isn't really a bad thing. It's at the point where I'm never sure if he's going to turn up or not, or how long he'll stay when he's there. I've resigned myself to having to carry the whole load myself for a while, and be thankful if he gets anything done. We're ridiculously behind and I have complaints coming faster than I can keep up. Feeling like I can't do my job to the level it needs to be done, really sucks. But I can only do what I can do.

I'm having a meeting with the guy from the employment agency tomorrow at lunch time. I need him to get me out of there. He'd previously said they couldn't do much for me just yet, but I think he's realised I'm about to lose my mind.

I also have an appointment with another agency in the afternoon, for a position in the IT risk advisory department of a major company. This would be good. Serious corporate, but good. Trouble is, the girl hasn't sent me some of the things I need to prepare for it, so I'm going to have to postpone. I hate doing that with agencies. Oh well.

G will be back here soon. He's been at the gym doing some work. I need him to help me move some stuff to my new place (he doesn't know this yet) and then we're going to catch up with a girlfriend of mine. This domesticated/sharing stuff is too easy!...and that scares us both.

8 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Well, it looks like I'm not the only one with a hectic life! You hang in there too! :)

3:08 pm  
Blogger SJ said...

I bet it was you who stole that tank and went on a rampage...

6:28 pm  
Blogger E in Oz said...

LMAO Jones! That was a cool tank, too! If only I thought of it first!

8:28 pm  
Blogger thyst said...

Good to see you are looking after you first. Seems like companies these days take too much for granted.

4:35 am  
Blogger Sara said...

To be honest - I think a job change is in order for sure - we need time to chat! LOL Sounds like things have been - interesting and hectic to say the very least!

10:33 pm  
Blogger Mel said...

HOLY moly......

I get busy with a visiting Brit and all sortsa things happen.

*going to catch up now!*

Wow.....

10:41 pm  
Blogger Mel said...

*waving happily at Sara!!*

10:42 pm  
Blogger grrltraveler said...

Ah, me too Mel. I need to catch up! You're moving in with someone? The gym guy? So much going on....

hugs,
anne

2:37 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home