Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Here I am!

Oooh boy! Lots to update, but I'm not sure where to start, or if I can remember it all.

Did I mention my new house mate started working for my company the day after I moved in here? Bizarre coincidence, no?! Thankfully for both of us, he works in a different location, so we're not in each others' face. He's rocked the boat already, by the sounds of it, which I think is funny. I'm the cause of dissent in my department and he looks like he'll be the outspoken one in his. Hehe, wait till the bosses find out we're sharing a roof.

Yes, it's my birthday today. I'd just about forgotten about it. Thanks to everyone who's sent me messages. Ian I got yours! :-) My mum sent me a text message and also a parcel to my work. I didn't go in today, though. I feigned a sore throat. As it turns out, that was a good thing, but more on that soon. G gave me a typical 'from a boy' card. The outside says "enjoy your birthday". The inside says, "...because tomorrow the focus is back on me". It's actually a dig at himself, coz for the first time in his life, he has a female friend (me, duh) who can restrain herself from getting intimate with him.....or should I say, is making him restrain himself while he sorts his life out.

And that's the latest saga.... I'm not going to go into major detail, but G and K own and run two separate franchises. For some reason, the franchisors have taken it upon themselves in the last few weeks to become nasty, back stab and play G and K off each other to the point where they're both completely stressed out. From the voicemails and emails I've seen, G and K have both been accommodating and professional. The franchisors have become complete bullies. A few months ago G & K were the golden children. Something changed, and they don't know what, but it looks like it's all come to a head today.

I turned up to meet G for lunch just as he got off the phone from their head office. It looks like they've just about been bullied and cajoled and pushed to the point where they'll be forced to sell their businesses. And that sucks. They work hard, they have good businesses. They're outspoken when they think there's an issue, but they've always done the right thing. I don't know how they will get out of this and still be able to maintain their businesses, operating under their current 'management'. If they don't find a way, they're both without jobs and without money. I'm angry for both of them and the way they've been treated. Hmmm, I'm too fired up to say anything more about it.

I don't have a lot else to report. G and I are working hard at just being friends and that seems to be going well. He has a lot of stuff to sort out (now more than ever), so we have new boundaries. I've walked a fine line between being supportive and allowing him to just spin his wheels (eh, at least I recognised it and have corrected it), so my support has taken on a new form. I don't offer any assistance now. If he wants something, or needs something, he has to ask. It's working. And that's good for both of us.

Work is...well, they're still bastards and I was stressed to the point of tears last Friday, but I'm not in the right frame of mind to look for something else just yet. I have another appointment on the 20th with the guy from the agency, so I'll just see if I can coast through the days till then.

That's about it.

11 Comments:

Blogger SJ said...

I notice you avoid mentioning how old you are... :)

3:38 pm  
Blogger caro said...

Happy Birthday!!

Even thought it might be tomorrow by the time you get this, it is still very much the 7th over here, so :p

(((((((E)))))))

You better eat cake!
Or maybe I'll eat some for you!
Hope it's a great day, sweetie :)

4:38 pm  
Blogger E in Oz said...

35, Mr Jones, and I don't mind saying it. Although I did think life would be a lot more different than it's been, but that's another post altogether. :-p

Thanks Caro. Ya know, it didn't even occur to me to have cake! I'm home alone at the moment. I had a custard thingy at lunch. Don't suppose that counts? hehe

7:33 pm  
Blogger Mel said...

:-)

((((((((((E))))))))))

Hugs and love and lots of mushy thoughs.

But only cuz it's your birfday.


LOL I'll return to my usual alien self now..

11:26 pm  
Blogger SJ said...

Was there a guy involved for your custardy thing? ;)

2:45 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Leave it to the guy to think of that!!!

3:26 am  
Blogger thyst said...

Happy Birthday!

9:36 am  
Blogger Anonymous G said...

Happy Birthday, E!!!

Cheers to you! Wishing you all good things.

xoxoxo

1:31 pm  
Blogger RisibleGirl said...

A day late and a few dollars short, eh?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!

I hope you have a great year.

10:57 am  
Blogger Sara said...

Happy Belated Birthday dear one! (one of these days I'm going to get it marked correctly on my calendar.)

Methinks you need a break.... at my house! :)

Lots of love to you - email me.

S

11:55 pm  
Blogger grrltraveler said...

oops! i missed it too. happy birthday girl! 35 is a good age! (i remember it well... lol)

5:59 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home