Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Jobs not so well done and other mess

You know something odd is going on when you and someone else are having completely different experiences, yet absolutely the same.

G (and K) and I have been bullied, harrassed, threatened and made to feel completely inept and unintelligent in our working environments over the past week. It hasn't been fun for anyone. They've decided to sell the club K runs. I almost walked out of my job in an absolute rage. They got legal advice. I got independent corporate psych advice. Today, it looks like that's paid off for all of us in major ways that we're trying not to get too excited about till everything falls into place. Twenty four hours waiting on a letter from their lawyer for them, 48 hours and a do or die meeting for me.

It's been tiring and not much sleep's been had. I think I've aged. :-/

But, it feels as though the worst of it is over and that's more of a relief than I can express. Part of my relief is that I met with the girl who originally placed me in my job yesterday and she's going to do her best to place me somewhere I'm a tad more appreciated. She did say I'm not good interview material at the moment - basically my esteem is so shot I wouldn't handle a high pressure interviewer and it's obvious in my eyes (apparently). I know that, if I'm honest with myself, which is why I went to see her and nobody else. She's going to pick and choose which jobs she puts me forward for, based on how 'gentle' she thinks they'll be with me at interview stage. I'm grateful.

The last weekend was really...well, weird, I guess. G got invited out with one of his newer gym members. After accepting, he thought maybe he shouldn't go in case she was interested in him (Duh!), so he asked if he could take me. She said fine. It was evident she was interested, but we get on well and when she saw we were 'together' (we had to make it look more like we were than we are) she was cool. Her very drunk single male friend wasn't so cool. After a large number of drinks, he felt the need to defend her - make her feel better by making us look bad - and started really being quite nasty to G. We left shortly afterwards. She apologised for her idiot friend on Saturday.

G got a text message from K on Saturday asking if he wanted to go see a band with her that night. He said yes. Not my call to make, but hey if you want to go be social with someone who you're trying to detach from and you're ok with sending mixed signals, go right ahead. So he went, they watched the band, started talking about work stuff, got all emotional, went back to her place, watched a movie, then he sent me a text saying he wouldn't be home and he was going to stay there the night and to trust him. Um.....ok.... I suggested that if you don't want to be questioned, you don't put yourself in a questionable position to begin with, but that it wasn't my choice to make. He sent me a message 15 minutes later saying he was on his way home. Men! He was angry with me when he got home, but acknowledged in the morning that it was only because I was right. Duh!...again.

I threw myself off a building 4 times on Sunday. Rap jumping. I do have photographic evidence of how totally petrified I was. I have a fear of heights. A huuuuge fear. The instructors had to literally lift my legs over the side of the building the first time. I couldn't move. Once I was over the edge, it was the most exhilarating feeling I've experienced. By the time I, well, every single person got to the bottom we were ready to do it all over again. The photos are on my computer at work, so I'll have to wait till I get a chance to upload them from there. All I can say is, now that I've done that, I know I can do any damn thing I like. The adrenalin and confidence I got from that experience was the best stress relief I've had in a while. And came at the perfect time.

I don't have much else to report. Like that's not enough! Or, maybe I do and I just can't remember it at the moment. I'm just expecting the unexpected every day these days.

5 Comments:

Blogger SJ said...

You do like to cause trouble, don't you? :)

12:21 am  
Blogger E in Oz said...

Apparently!

10:36 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

So the real question is, "Have you seen your house mate in the nude yet?"

Just kidding.

I think you need a vacation. Even if it's a mini day trip.

4:39 pm  
Blogger caro said...

Whew! Just (((((hugs)))))

7:06 pm  
Blogger Mel said...

*sigh*

Small wonder you could stand a mental month.
(I'm thinkin' a day wouldn't even begin to touch it!)

4:06 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home