Friday, June 01, 2007

On the flip side

I did a bit of quick wheeling and dealing on Thursday, after deciding that I would turn up to work. 'Twas a good choice to make. But let's back track a moment...

On Wed, before I blew my stack, I got an email from one of our business units with a legitimate gripe. It also included a solution to a problem. As a joke, he wrote that if it saves the telco some dollars then he wanted a big screen tv and free pay-tv for life. I forwarded the email to our supplier and said if anyone was getting a free tv, it was me.

On Thursday morning, I got a phone call from the supplier, laughing that he'd just received an email from his supplier that orders over a certain quantity would receive a free 42 inch plasma tv. The catch was the offer lasted 48 hours, from the day before. I typed out that order faster than I've done anything else in that job! I made up a legitimate sounding excuse to order almost 3 times as much stock as I normally do and got it approved. In my defence, it will make life slightly easier for all concerned, long term....it just wasn't completely necessary right now.

Hearing that I was still in a foul mood and unmotivated today, my supplier rang up and sang "you are my sunshine" to me. I thought that made my day...till he also told me that the tv had already arrived!

He's delivering it to my place on Sunday! Woooohooooooo!

I told him I needed a holiday and he said, "You wait, next week, I'll get an email about a trip to Thailand". I replied, "Thailand, Bahamas, south of France...I'm not fussy..."

I do need a holiday. Badly. A free big-arse tv will do for now.

4 Comments:

Blogger Callie said...

Go for the trips no-one thinks of baby doll...

callie

1:21 am  
Blogger caro said...

A free 42 inch plasma tv? Holy crap! I think I need to get into your industry ;-)

Haha, nice job perk, enjoy it!

7:06 pm  
Blogger Mel said...

MY perk for doing my job yesterday?

An engraved invitation, delivered by a sheriff, to coordially attend a court hearing some 3 hours away.

Woooohooooooo!!

Somehow that 42 inch plasma thingy sounds like a better deal.

11:24 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

LOL, I need to change jobs too.

2:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home