Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Frustrated

I've been literally trying to work my arse off in the gym every day for the last three weeks. I go for an hour every morning before work, ignoring the fact that it's cold and dark outside. I go some evenings after work and Saturday mornings. My weight has stayed exactly the same.

My legs are toning slightly, which is all well and good, but I can't see much of a difference anywhere else. G said one other person who started just before me didn't lose an ounce till after the third week - and he goes more often than me! So, I'm hopeful, but frustrated.

G is making me work hard - I've asked him to - and I'm trying to eat well, too. It would just be nice to have seen some results by now. The only thing I can tell is my jeans are slightly more loose around my lower thighs. Nice, but not totally inspiring. He took a photo of me yesterday and today, despite my protests. I think the pics look horrid. He wants to use them as 'before' shots. I told him I already have plenty of photos of myself that I hate without having more plastered around the gym walls. They better stay on his camera or there'll be payback. I took a couple of choice photos of him on my phone, so I have a bargaining tool, just in case.

Showering at work has become routine. It took a while for me to not be a bit weirded out, but now I'm ok with it....except that the hot water doesn't last long, so showering is hurried.

Having a kind of thing with the gym coach is....interesting. He's going through some hard things at the moment and I'm trying to stay out of it. It's difficult to stay well enough away when you seem to just click with someone. Having not felt that for a while, it's nice. But you can't have expectations of someone who's not in a position to know what they want, or need, themselves.

A day at a time.

8 Comments:

Blogger SJ said...

This whole set up sounds exactly like the gym I used to go to (but it's not) - they did the same things with the before pics on the walls etc. Did he ever used to work for Teamfit?

2:54 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're like me in that regard girlie, and losing inches not actual poundage. He should have taken your measurements before you started and then retake them every week on your weigh-in. How many inches have you lost so far? More accurately, he should have also measured your body fat which is then taken every week as well to see how your progress is.

If he hasn't taken your measurements, you can take them yourself and write them all down. Then one week later, do it again and see how you've progressed. Honestly that alone has made me keep motivated rather than anything else.

8:41 am  
Blogger E in Oz said...

I don't think so Jones. He's only been here 18 months, but I know he worked at the baths in the city (near the aquarium?).

E, he wanted to do my measurements, but I wouldn't let him. :p Coz I bitched about it last night, he's going to make me on the weekend. He says I've got more definition in my back. Maybe I am having some progress...but I just don't feel it yet. My overall fitness is really improved, so that's one good thing.

9:04 am  
Blogger RisibleGirl said...

OK, I'm all caught up now and have read all your postings while I was gone.

One of the disadvantages of doing the catch up thing is that you're reading blog posts in reverse, and it's like reading the back of the book before you start it.

So, I'm all caught up with the gym trainer and am interested to see how this goes, Ms. E.

xoxoxo

11:01 am  
Blogger thyst said...

The scale is moody, I tell you! It reads four pounds different overnight. How does that happen? I feel your frustration. Really feel it in my calf muscles after using the elliptical machine the other day.

12:43 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes you also need to let the muscles recover and feed them properly... so that might be part of it too.

I've gotten a bit pudgy since D is on the chubby side. (Hey, we like to eat and drink beer- what can I say??)

Speaking of which, your efforts have inspired me. Brought some work out stuff in with me for the night shift. ;)

M

3:23 pm  
Blogger SJ said...

"Only been here 18 months"... he's not English is he? Or Canadian?

I can forgive a great many things, but never those... :)

11:54 pm  
Blogger E in Oz said...

Closer to home, Jones. NZ....but he doesn't have the awful accent, thankfully!

7:59 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home