Sunday, May 27, 2007

Right choice, hard choice.

I told G we need to just be friends. He has far too many complications in his life at the moment and us being more than friends is/was/will only add to that. I'm glad I made the decision. I'm glad I went to see him, rather than hiding behind a phone. It's the first time in a while I've gone out of my way to have a face to face discussion when I could easily have avoided it (and boy do I hate face to face confrontation of any kind)...yet it made it easier for both of us, somehow.

He was worried that I'd leave the gym. That's something I won't do. I'm mature enough (I hope) to be able to separate the friendship from the work. And we still intend to be friends and supportive of each other. It's just really bad timing. Six months from now, who knows what may happen.

I was so not ready to be close to someone and him appearing when he did, under the circumstances he did, took me by surprise - took us both by surprise. The timing is worse for him than me.

There used to be a time I would have powered on through, ignoring all the issues. I guess it's progress that I've realised the issues need to be sorted out before anything else can work.

Maybe when the dust settles....

10 Comments:

Blogger RisibleGirl said...

Yay you! I especially liked this: "There used to be a time I would have powered on through, ignoring all the issues. I guess it's progress that I've realised the issues need to be sorted out before anything else can work."

Amen, is all I have to say to that!

2:18 am  
Blogger Anonymous G said...

You GO, E! I'm proud of you...

xo

4:05 am  
Blogger SJ said...

But women can't survive without a man... ;)

5:50 pm  
Blogger E in Oz said...

Hehe, Mr Jones, they're nice to have around sometimes, but they're not a necessity. :p

8:47 pm  
Blogger SJ said...

You say that until you need the lawn mowed ; )

6:47 am  
Blogger Mel said...

*enjoying the banter*

G'head.....your turn E!

8:22 am  
Blogger Mel said...

Oh yeah.........

Go YOU! :-)

8:23 am  
Blogger E in Oz said...

What lawn? We're in a drought. My front garden is a nice, brown dirt colour. And I could always buy a goat...

8:58 am  
Blogger caro said...

Goats are so much more entertaining, trust me, I have 4 ;-)

(((((((Eve)))))))

Sounds like a good decision -- proud of you!

4:39 pm  
Blogger SJ said...

Goat -> Kid -> yet another example of Eve's subconscious desire to have a baby.

Which you also need a man for :)

10:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home