Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Yin and Yang

Black and white. Good and bad. Nothing's ever just black and white. Always there are various shades of grey in between. So it shouldn't be a surprise that a good situation has presented itself to me with a major drawback (or two).

I had an impulsive coffee with my gym trainer (owner of the gym) on Sunday afternoon. It ended up as dinner. I told him my intention had been to avoid boys for a while and that having a boy around would take some adjusting, because I wasn't prepared/ready to deal with it. I have stuff to deal with.

He has more stuff to deal with. Way more. I'm not ready to post about it here, because I haven't processed everything I need to yet.

Meanwhile, he's been working my arse (and arms, legs, and everything else that could possibly feel pain) off at the gym. It's a strange dynamic, but it's all good. He's had the extended version of what I want to fix/change about myself other than 'tone' and 'change body shape' on the application form, so he's making me work hard.

I'm having trouble coming to terms with the positive attention. It's hard to trust, I'm wary, and I don't like that. However, in this instance, I need to be moreso, at least for a while.

I'll post what the 'bad' is eventually. For now, the good is very good. I'm not ignoring the bad. I'm just going to take the time to see what happens with it and hope that the good is what it is.

How cliche, though, to have a 'thing' with the personal trainer...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are confusing the hell out me..But hey! I lurve you and I will wait till you feel like discussing whatever it is that we are to be waiting for you to discuss....*quizzical look*

callie

10:46 pm  
Blogger thyst said...

Hmmm...so I have to actually lure them out of the gym. Stuff to deal with? Who doesn't have stuff. I say stuff is like battle scars. Just means you are willing to put yourself out there and take a chance.

11:26 am  
Blogger SJ said...

Is his name Jim? :)

11:40 am  
Blogger E in Oz said...

hehe his name isn't Jim. The good thing is it's not one of the regular names that keeps coming up in my life either, which is a nice change.

He has a lot of 'stuff' to deal with though. Complicated stuff. So much that I've told him he should see Dr Ruth, too.

7:06 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home