Monday, May 21, 2007

Spookiness

Updated...
My gym is in an old building on the grounds of a Catholic school. I'm not sure how old it is, but it has those big old windows that slide up with ropes, not out. The front door is big and heavy, but there's a screen door in front that's quite squeaky.

Tonight, I was there after I finished my workout, with G, just talking and closing up the place, standing near the front door. The door moved. More precisely, the handle of the door moved like someone was coming in. This was strange, because technically, he'd been closed for almost half an hour. I moved out of the way and G moved towards the door to open it for whoever it was.

Nobody was outside. I said maybe the door just shifted slightly. G replied that that was not possible because he saw the handle move. I said I saw it as well. He went outside in the dark and had a decent look around, but nobody was there.

When he came back, we half tried to justify it, but we both saw the handle move. Even more strange, if there was someone there, we would have heard the screen door squeak and the person wouldn't have had time to leave before we saw them.

Just in case ya missed it.... the door handle shifted down and the door opened by itself. We both watched it happen and just kept saying, "the handle moved!!". Yep, we're a little freaked out.

There was nobody else in the gym this morning, so I got to work out in peace and chat with G. Before I left, we had a look at the door. We pushed and pulled the main door and the screen door to see if we could do so without making any noise - from inside or outside. It was impossible to open the main door from the outside, without the screen door making a sound, either from the lock disengaging, or the hydraulic thingy making a hissing sound. Nobody could have opened the main door without us hearing the screen door first. And yet, it opened. And the screen didn't.

He found out that the gym room/s used to be living quarters for the school years ago. Maybe somebody was just coming home?

We're still freaked out.

6 Comments:

Blogger SJ said...

Ghosts need to keep fit too. All that "woooo-ing" they do... :)

11:40 pm  
Blogger Mel said...

Yikes!

*humming Theme to Twighlight Zone*

Yikes again!

7:31 am  
Blogger Anonymous G said...

Sends shivers down your spine, doesn't it?

Frreeeaky!

1:47 pm  
Blogger caro said...

I get freaked out so easily, I probably would have fainted...

4:26 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man, that's a bit eerie! I have a love hate relationship with situations like that. I love hearing about them, but I hate it when anything even remotely creepy happens to me!

4:54 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

I bet you could get on TV with that story!

Mu-hahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaa!!!!

8:55 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home