Tuesday, May 29, 2007

I am

Tired
Weary
Confused
Overworked
Disappointed

I like my job. I like the people I work with. I've built up good relationships with my suppliers. They bend rules for me that they won't bend for other clients. I get stuff done.

But there is too.much.to.do. It is virtually impossible for me to keep up with the work that needs to be done, even with my temp. It's making me feel....I don't know. I brought it up with my boss (the one who has been seconded out of the office and hasn't been 'managing' me since the day I started) and he responded with a flippant, "we'll have to look at streamlining procedures".

The big bosses sent around an email about how we're all doing such a good job and they realise we're under pressure, blah blah blah...but nothing about how they're going to help us. One of the guys remarked that it was just another email to read and waste more of our already pressured time. And it's true. If I believed it would make a difference, I would have replied to the email asking exactly what they were going to do other than tell us how busy we are. We already know that.

I don't know what to do. I don't want to leave. Staying might just do my head in. I'm good at what I do, but right now I feel like there's no way for me to do what I have to do well enough to feel like I'm good at it.

I work for a good company, but my team has no management and no direction...and no support. It's only been 8 months and I'm already worn out.

It's a good thing I go to gym every morning. I need the release.

What to do. What to do...

7 Comments:

Blogger SJ said...

Remember I once said I sometimes thought the only way I'd become and stay fit would be to become a gym instructor so I'd do it as a job and not spend my life behind a desk? Let's both jack in our careers and do that instead. Then we can open up Hasslehoff Nevada Fitness Centre...

:)

10:08 pm  
Blogger Callie said...

This is what you do.....Tested and Approved by moi....

Work for you...Not as in home..But from now on Work for You and not for your bosses...Others appreciate what you do....

Second- Don't let the game play you.Play the game.

Third- Don't quit...Save up some money, at least 3 months worth and then keep looking while you have a job...Just because the grass is greener on some sides, always keep in mind what its being fertilized with. *winks

Hang in there
callie

3:22 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

hang in there... it sure beats a job where you do nothing of consequence for 12 hrs at a time...p

12:53 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

PS- when you gonna bug Sara for some details???

12:56 pm  
Blogger Mel said...

I feel for you.

I know busy.
I know busier than busy.

One's doable, the other is insane.
Sucks....at least some aspects of it suck.

Oh, but try to take work FROM me?!

3:22 pm  
Blogger E in Oz said...

Sigh...I almost walked out this afternoon. Instead, I went and sat on the counter in the bathroom till I felt calm enough to go back. Not good.

5:01 pm  
Blogger RisibleGirl said...

...and here I am doing the catch up thing again and reading everything backward!

So- what to do? Look for a new one. I'm doing that as I write this because, life is just too short. KWIM?

xoxo

4:36 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home