Sunday, February 11, 2007

Shpooky

I went into work for a couple of hours today. We have an underground carpark with an entrance directly into our office, through a security door. You swipe your card and you have to push the door with both hands because it's heavy.

I walked in the door to the office, went the couple of metres to the security room, and turned the alarm off. You have to sign a book when you turn the alarm off so anybody else who comes in knows there's someone else in the office. As I did that, I heard the door to the carpark open. I poked my head out into the hall to see who was there, just as the door was closing. Nobody came in and I didn't hear anyone go out, (they can come up a set of stairs right next to the door), so I opened the door to see who'd gone out. There was n.o.b.o.d.y. Odd.

Off I went to my desk. I didn't know where the main light switch was, so the office was dark, but not so dark that I couldn't work. After I'd been there for a while, I started hearing noises like people were doing work. I stopped what I was doing and just listened. I could hear the noise of a printer that sounded like there was a bunch of stuff being processed.

Did I mention there was nobody in the office? Hmmm... A bit later on, I had to walk to the other end of the office to copy something. All the equipment was turned off when I got there.

There was definitely something (someone?) in the office with me. It didn't bother me. It just felt strange.....like they could see what I was doing, but I couldn't see what they were doing.

Workaholic ghosts. What next?

4 Comments:

Blogger monica said...

Haha, workaholic ghosts? Maybe they're working to pay the mortgage/rent on their haunted houses.

3:34 am  
Blogger RisibleGirl said...

It was probably me. I'm a workaholic, dontcha know- and I wouldn't put it past me to be a workaholic at someone else's workplace.

Seriously, that sounds really creepy!

7:26 am  
Blogger Mel said...

*humming Twilight Zone theme song*

I spook my folks every now and then when I print at the office from my home computer.
I don't suppose there were any papers in the printer, huh?

*back to humming the theme song*

3:36 pm  
Blogger SJ said...

Maybe someone had been worked to death...

6:44 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home