Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Meme Bookbook

I borrowed this from Erica.

The deal is you’re supposed to grab the nearest book to you, flip to page 123, find the fifth sentence on that page, and then blog the following three sentences.

This is mine...

"Only that he was thrown in the river by some bad acquaintances," said Daniel.

They had not yet taken their eyes off each other. This was one of those coded conversations in which both sides knew and meant a great deal more than they were saying.


I won't tag anyone, but if you do it, let me know! This is a good one!

7 Comments:

Blogger SJ said...

You reading The Bible?

7:01 pm  
Blogger E in Oz said...

How'd you guess? It was the reference to loaves and fishes, wasn't it? :p

7:48 pm  
Blogger SJ said...

Heathen!!

Daniel was the Lion's Den.

You're going to Hell ;)

9:11 pm  
Blogger monica said...

LOL, sounded like a Harlequin romance to me!!!

I'll snag this in a bit.

4:40 pm  
Blogger E in Oz said...

Haha, well 'Daniel' is an Israeli private detective and the second paragraph is actually two dodgy policemen. :p

http://www.allenandunwin.com/Shopping/ProductDetails.aspx?ISBN=9781741147100

10:45 pm  
Blogger Mel said...

*sigh*

:-/

11:15 am  
Blogger Anonymous G said...

I drank down a glass of cold water and took some aspirin. Don't be an idiot, I told myself. And yet.

(The History of Love...a novel by Nicole Krauss)

3:51 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home