Friday, January 05, 2007

Firey

The fires that started burning more than 5 weeks ago are still burning. The weather this week has been damn hot, too.

Today, I was at work (yes, technically on my holidays), with nice, cool airconditioning. My mood, however, was not nice or cool at all. I got there around about 9am and by 10am I was so angry and frustrated that I was ready to just walk out the door and go home. I keep finding out things I should have, or need to know, that the woman whose job I've taken over was meant to show me or give me. Just before Christmas, she said to me, "Oh, you haven't been told all the things you're supposed to do, have you?" No, you stupid woman, coz YOU are the one who was meant to show me. Anyway, it's making my job very difficult to do, and if there's one thing I really cannot handle, it's other peoples' incompetence negatively impacting me.

I didn't realise I looked as stressed out and pissed off as I felt. That is, until one of the women in the accounts department brought me some scones with jam and cream. She said later that they really thought I needed it, coz I don't normally walk around looking like I'm going to throttle someone.

There was also another woman from our Sydney office who was busting my butt. Lady, if you ask for something to be sent the day before Christmas, then everyone goes on holidays for two weeks, it ain't my fault if you haven't got it yet. Not to mention, I'm here on my break trying to make your life easier for next week! I sent her an email saying all that in a little more politically correct terms. The tone of the rest of her emails was much more pleasant after that. So were mine.

I calmed down after lunch at the pub with the guys. Enough to forget that I'd called Government Dude about my taxi drama and he hadn't returned my call. That's ok. I got lots done today, so I'll have plenty of time to keep calling him till I get through on Monday.

The anti-me called while I was at work, so I rang him back when I got home. We were going to go to the zoo tomorrow, but it's going to be too hot to walk around all day in the heat. Not to mention, he had a point when he said all the animals will be hiding in the shade too, so there's no point wandering around looking at signs about what might be in the enclosures and not see any actual animals. So, we've got plans to make no plans. Fine by me.

Oh, dammit. Speaking of things firey, I forgot to ask him if his burnt boy bits had healed. Can't be good to have burnt skin on your boy bits when you're working outdoors in heat like this! Hehe. Poor bastard ain't gonna live that down any time soon.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year ... hope it cools off soon. We have the opposite prob here. Meant to be summer and we are freezing our butts off.
Burnt boy bits??? I'd like to see a photo of that ...

8:12 pm  
Blogger E in Oz said...

Haha, well I'm not sure I wanna be up close and personal with skin-free boy bits, but um, I'll ask if you like. LOL you never know, if I tell him you're a fellow Kiwi, he might oblige.

9:43 pm  
Blogger SJ said...

Guys will do anything to get their bits out for a girl ;)

9:50 am  
Blogger E in Oz said...

Is that so?!

5:18 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home