Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Nothing to .... meet

You know that feeling when you go to the fridge, coz you're hungry, it's full, but nothing inspires you? So you open the cupboards, hoping for a different result, but get the same. You go back to the couch, empty handed, and still hungry.

I'm like that with the whole guy thing lately. Nobody's making me curious enough to even get up off the couch, let alone, open the fridge and try something. I just can't be bothered.

I'm supposed to go out tomorrow night to meet someone and I've been thinking of excuses since yesterday. I'll probably end up saying I'm not interested...but I am, a little. I just can't be bothered.

Could be why I like hanging out with the anti-me. There's no pressure.

It's all proving that I'm so not ready to get involved with someone at the moment, as much as I might think I might want to. I do, but I don't. It feels too much like hard work.

And why am I still not over T? I wish I was. Stupid things still hurt way more than they should. I hate that.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

For what it's worth, I'm still hurting over someone from almost 7 years ago. I've never really talked about him on the blog, but he's always in my mind and probably always will be. It's true that I've held onto our time together and I haven't let it go (which is probably why it still hurts) but for the moment I'm ok with that and I want it around. I try not to think about him or that time any more, some days are easier than others. Eventually the pain will lessen and things will be easier - it's the road getting there that sucks.

8:28 am  
Blogger monica said...

I'm the worst person to give advice about this because over the years, I've become the least sentimental person I know. (Not that I forget about them, just that I'm not hurt by remembering them.)

Then again, maybe it's because I keep finding these guys who FUBAR things so badly that I almost HAVE to trade up.

5:39 pm  
Blogger SJ said...

Difficult. Been there.

Difficult.

8:46 pm  
Blogger Mel said...

Silly me.....I don't know that it's an all bad thing to open the fridge and decide "pass!" and close it again.

NOT that I like you hurting......cuz I don't.
Pain is inevitable, misery is optional I'm told.

I won't protect my heart. (where've ya heard THAT before?!)

I think it's an okay thing to be right where your feet are, today.
It's based on reality and it's simply the circumstances today...not your destiny.
(where've ya heard THAT before, too?!!)

*HUGE hugs*
Cuz I can.....

1:43 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home