Monday, April 24, 2006

Reflection

It would make sense, seeing that I don't really feel like I have anything to write about, that I just wouldn't write. However, the frustration of not being able to properly formulate the thoughts in my head, has driven me to just start typing and see where it leads.

I did business with Ian yesterday and acquired an exercise bike. After trying for a ridiculous amount of time to get it into my car (for how long exactly does one try to fit a square peg into a round hole, before they give up?), we managed to make it fit...sorta. Of course, we picked a fabulous time to do this, and I drove off just as the rain started, with plastic bags (and a cool little red flashy light thing) covering the electronics.

But my luck turned, and I got it home, inside and assembled just as the Biggest Loser started. So I peddled away contentedly while I watched, rather than sit on my butt, on the couch, in training for what should be the next reality show - The Fattest Arse. Said fat arse is feeling the effects today, but not as badly as I expected. A good sign, I'd say. By the end of the week though, I'm sure I won't be able to feel my legs at all.











Tomorrow is ANZAC Day. I anticipate dragging myself out of bed in the middle of the freezing night and heading to the city to go to the dawn service. I went a couple of years ago and despite the cold and the dark - and the rain, it was awesome. I hung around for the march and ended up hanging out watching the parade with an older Navy Officer who was there by himself (well the rest of his group had duties, but he was recently transferred, so he just went along to watch). I doubt I'll stick around after the service this time though. Lack of sleep and a general feeling of blah I have right now will probably see me going home after the breakfast, and straight back to bed.

I have an overall sense of frustration with things at the moment. It's not one thing in particular, and it's not everything. I'm feeling flat. I know it's more to do with my thinking than anything else and I know I have to find a way to get myself into a better head space. The trick is figuring out the why, before I can work on the how. For various reasons, I haven't been to Al-anon for a couple of weeks. Hopefully I'll find a way to re-balance and re-focus tonight.

I am so tired. Sometimes I wish I had a hyperactive disorder, rather than a sleep disorder. At least then I'd be too busy doing stuff to think about stuff.

2 Comments:

Blogger SJ said...

That dude glared at me as you drove away, by the way :)

I like your idea for the reality TV show - imagine people getting on stage, hoisting their buttocks in a sling and hearing "Last week your arse weighed 65 kilos. This week it weighs..." :)

4:47 pm  
Blogger E in Oz said...

Yeah, probably because he was pissed coz he wasted all that petrol idling his car while he waited. He coulda got out and helped us if he wasn't a jerk.

And if my arse weighed 65kgs, I'd kill myself. LOL

8:39 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home