Thursday, February 09, 2006

Tardis communique

T is out somewhere near the middle of nowhere this week; not quite there, but close to it. Close enough that his phone may not work and he might have to find a public phone box in order to call me.

Remember what they look like?



















A few hours later, I'm pleased to say that he managed to find a phone, and give me a number I can contact him on some time tonight. I'm pretty lucky. Even almost in the middle of nowhere, he's still busting his butt to talk to me. Can't ask for more than that. :-)

4 Comments:

Blogger SJ said...

I once saw a solar powered telephone box in the Northern Territory. I couldn't get a dial tone, because it was night...

10:42 pm  
Blogger kT said...

We have a few of those here in America's Siberia. A few of them even still have phones in them. Which is nice for the 5 of us in the world who don't have cells.

Good attempts at communication are an AWESOME sign. Go T!

6:03 am  
Blogger E in Oz said...

Ian, you're a dork lol.

kT, my brother's gf is one of those 5 people who don't have mobile phones. As for T, poor guy couldn't get the phone in his room to work, or his mobile, and the phone boxes only took phone cards....which he didn't have....so he called me through the operator and reversed the charges so we could talk, and I wouldn't worry that he'd fallen down a ditch somewhere. He follows through on everything he says he's gonna do. Way cool, methinks.

...and how's Dino Boy? ;-)

10:25 am  
Blogger grrltraveler said...

yep, he sounds like a keeper. i remember that Irish always did things like that that i'd learned not to expect from previous relationships. he kept me on my toes, in a good way. :)

a

12:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home