Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Value for money?

A moment ago I saw an ad on tv for life insurance. They said they provide the best value for money and a 30 day money back guarantee if you’re not satisfied.

How exactly does one determine what good value for money is when someone dies? And a 30 day money back guarantee? Someone dies, they give you a payout and if you complain that it’s not enough within 30 days, you get all your contributions back? It’s not like you can say, “no thanks, the money’s just not enough, I’d like you to resurrect my family member please”.

I can understand ‘value for money’ and ’30 day money back guarantee’ when it comes to white goods and such, but life insurance? I’m not so sure.

2 Comments:

Blogger SJ said...

Makes perfect sense to me. "I'm not happy with my dead aunt, I want my money back!"

6:15 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

if somehow the corpse ends up coming back from the dead, well -- you can give the money to it. that's probably what the 30-day guarantee is trying to allow for, if you ask me, because what if the corpse doesn't receive enough? ;)

11:46 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home