Friday, February 03, 2006

Hatching an idea

Considering I tend to feel horribly ill at the thought of being pregnant, to the point of being phobic, you can imagine how disconcerting it was for me to have a dream about being pregnant last night.

In line with most of my dreams, it was unpleasant and slightly creepy. For the gals from the UG who read here, some of you were in my dream too, but I don't remember who. I think you were trying to reassure me.

I remember that I was pretty far along and someone was talking to me and I was not at all happy, because the baby's arms and legs were moving all over the place. Not like small kicks that you can normally see and feel. Rather, you could see a whole forearm or leg/foot extend and push right out. It was just foul and I can recall wondering how something that bony was going to come out in a way that wasn't going to hurt like buggery.

As usual, I had to find out what it meant....

Pregnant
To dream that you are pregnant, symbolizes an aspect of yourself or some aspect of your personal life that is growing and developing. You may not be ready to talk about it or act on it. This may also represent the birth of a new idea, direction, project or goal.

Belly
To see your belly in your dream, indicates that your are processing and integrating your ideas and feelings from the unconscious to the conscious level. The belly symbolically holds repressed emotions and unexpressed feelings. Your dream may also be telling you to trust your gut feeling and intuition. To see a pregnant belly, represents emotions that are due to come to the surface. They can no longer remain suppressed. To dream that you are stroking or touching a belly, indicates that you are coming to terms with certain feelings. You are slowly confronting and acknowledging your repressed emotions.


And no, I am most certainly not pregnant!

Thoughts?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hm, well, I dreamed the other night that I gave birth to a little baby puppy version of my dog. That was a bit... surreal.

Perhaps we're just mental.

2:35 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The reasoning you included in your post seems quite logical. I don't ever remember my dreams to the point that I feel as though I have none. Your planned progression with T may be at the root and I would go with the "trust your gut" and not start second guessing. True friends are a gift of God and it's nice to "grow a relationSHIP" with a friend.

4:55 am  
Blogger kT said...

Yikes. I'd be disturbed, too, but the imagery you posted makes a lot of sense.

What's your source? Book or online?

6:17 am  
Blogger SJ said...

Maa-ma!

7:58 am  
Blogger E in Oz said...

Angela, that worries me! :-p I knew I was slightly mental, but I thought you were doing ok. lol

Rich, I really like that ship analogy you use and I've still got the whole thing you showed me from the wedding saved somewhere.

kT, I think you were one of the people in my dream. I can't remember, but I do know I woke up thinking I'd been talking to you. I get the interpretations from dreammoods.com.

Ian, I think you just like torturing me. lol

1:18 pm  
Blogger Margaret said...

I dreamed I gave birth to a pig....a girl pig.....I guess that explains why it was pink. I found it a bit disturbing as well. I do not have kids planned, but I like your explanations.

7:15 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home