Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Stupidity is more offensive

Airline defends asking woman passsenger to cover up tattoo

Airline Jetstar has defended a decision to ask a woman with a tattoo to cover up on a flight last month. The 36-year-old mother of two was on a flight to Brisbane when the incident happened.The tattoo is on her shoulder and shows a naked man and woman in an intimate embrace. Jetstar spokesman Simon Westaway says the company has yet to receive a formal complaint from the woman and will look into the matter when it receives one.

"It's not a case of our airline being a social police by any way, shape or form, but a duty of care requires our aircraft cabin to ensure that people aren't upset with each other," he said.

"We've carried almost seven-and-a-half-million people since we started flying - we haven't had a complaint of this nature before.

"So as I said, let's not get ahead of ourselves - let's receive the letter. I'm sure it'll arrive at our head office today or tomorrow and Jetstar will look into the matter."

I just saw the story about this on a current affairs program. It's PC gone stupid. Guys! The tattoo is on her shoulder blade, was 75% covered by her clothing and um...when she sat down, who the heck was gonna see it?

I've seen airline stewards and stewardesses with bad hair and too much makeup. That is offensive to me. Does that mean if I ever have to fly with that airline again, I have the right to ask them to put bags over their heads, so my poor offended eyes don't bleed? Seriously!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home