Monday, February 20, 2006

Stretch

Sometimes it doesn't feel as though T and I are doing the long distance thing at all. I can say that now though, because I'll see him on Friday. The last time I saw him was almost 6 weeks ago. Sounds like a long time, but not so long as well. The last couple of weeks have been frustrating.

We saw each other quite a bit between November and January. We've been lucky really. I'll see him this weekend in Adelaide and he'll potentially come here next weekend, if he can plan his work to keep him in Adelaide until then.

Hopefully, I'll be able to take time off work during the school holidays/Commonwealth Games, which is the middle of March, and spend some time in Perth. I really need to start to get myself familiar with the place if I'm going to be comfortable while I'm there. The next trip could potentially be at Easter, in mid April.

That'll mean we'll be seeing each other every two to four weeks for the next couple of months. Given the fact that we're on opposite sides of the continent, that's damn good; lots of positive things to look forward to.

May and June might be a different story, because it's about my second busiest time of year at work, so I won't be able to get much, if any, time off. I'm sure we'll have worked out how to deal with that by then anyway.

Looking at it all like that, I can see July is going to come pretty quickly. There are things I've reconcilled in my brain and things I haven't; things I am not ready to contemplate yet. However, when I'm not letting it all overwhelm me, it's exciting and I'm pretty happy and content. I don't like doing this whole distance thing, but it hasn't felt as hard - for the most part - as I expected it to.

We spend so much time in contact with each other, he doesn't feel so far away. I suppose it's because he's away from home a lot too, so I just accept it as he'd be away if I was there or not, and it eases the anxiousness (?) a bit. If I was there, he'd be away anyway and that's how I make it 'easier' in my head.

Anyway, I appreciate what we have and I appreciate that we're in a position to be able to see each other as much as we do, despite being so far apart. It's all pretty good really, and I should say how grateful I am, more often.

4 Comments:

Blogger monica said...

Have I ever told you that you're my hero! ;)

Oh, I swear... one of these days, my own prince will come. :) hee hee.

What's the name of that Capucchino whatever where all the bistos are? I spent two weeks wandering up and down in that area, all drugged up on claritin, benadryl, and just about every other allergy med I could find!!!

1:09 pm  
Blogger E in Oz said...

Geez woman, I've got Bette Midler singing in my head now! LOL

You talking about Freemantle? There's a strip there where he took me for dinner one night, that's all sidewalk cafes and coffee shops. Sigh...not the same as Melbourne though...

Your prince will come. You just gotta put the frog back in the pond....when you're ready. ;-)

2:16 pm  
Blogger E in Oz said...

Freemantle? OMG, lemme try again... Fremantle. Sheeesh!

2:18 pm  
Blogger kT said...

Can I just tell you what happened this morning? I'm digging out my blush while staring at my pasty, cold-ridden self in the mirror. And "Wing Beneath My Wings" is playing in my head.

I blame you. Both of you.

7:13 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home