Monday, February 20, 2006

Troubled bridge over waters

Yay....not.

As I start this, a thought has just occured to me. Last week, I ran out of my drugs and when I went to get my new script filled, the pharmacist discovered it had expired by a week or so. Not good, particularly since my doc is away till next week and the hospital said nobody else has authority to write a new prescription for me. Needless to say, I'm overly tired right now and drinking too much diet coke, because coffee makes my heart race.

T has said previously that it seems the more overtired I am, the more inclined I am to have nightmares and bizarre dreams. Nobody has ever mentioned it before, but it makes sense. I've had a number of whacked out and scary dreams in the last week or so.

1. Debra and Raymond, from Everybody Loves Raymond were in a car, leaving a convent. They were talking about sex they'd had on a big long table in one of the dining halls (or something like that). A nun leans in the window and asks them if they had a good stay. They say yes, and the nun implies they were noisy and everyone knew what they did. Bizarre so far, right? Ok, not sure if it was the same dream, or a different one, but I was then inside the convent in a sunken room that you could see a long, dark hallway from, leading off into the distance. There was a doorway up to the left and I knew there was something not right about it. Next thing I knew, a guy was coming out (floating?) of that room and straight towards me. What was weird was that he looked just like one of the older guys from my ACoA meetings. But it was scary and he just kept coming straight at me. I woke up yelling, "Go away" over and over again.

2. I can't remember much of this one. I was on an old rail bridge. The kind that's made from big wooden sleepers. There was a guy on the bridge, ahead of me, with a small blonde girl, who I think was his daughter. As they were walking, she fell through a large hole and grabbed onto a rope (sort of) and I remember thinking she was going to smack right into a large sleeper that had also fallen and was swinging loose under the bridge. Somewhere in the dream, I was also at at train station, but I don't recall much else. It was more the sensation of the girl falling through the bridge that got to me.

3. I had two dreams last night. The first one was literally within minutes of hanging up from T, because I called him as soon as I woke up and when I asked how long it had been, he said we'd only talked 10-15 minutes before. I was sleeping over some place with a number of other people. I was staying in a lounge room and for some reason, even though there were couches, I chose to sleep on the floor. As I was going to sleep, I looked around the room and realised I knew it was haunted, so I made a comment out loud that I knew they (whoever they are) were there and that they should leave me alone. In my dream, I found myself with my arms outstretched above me and feeling like someone was grabbing onto my hands and pinning my arms down. That's what it felt like, even though my arms were in the air. At first, I couldn't talk, but I gradually found my voice and started yelling, "Hands!", and that's how I woke up.

4. The second one was a massive car crash, on the side of a cliff, on a sharp bend (I think, because I remember a shopping centre as well), involving about 10 or more cars. Hard to describe, but it was a real pile up. Not one behind the other, but all over the place. My car was at the back. Nobody got hurt.

So, does anything make sense?...

Man
To see a man in your dream, denotes the masculine aspect of yourself - the side that is assertive, rational, aggressive, and/or competitive. If the man is known to you, then the dream may reflect you feelings and concerns you have about him.

Nuns
To see nuns in your dream, signifies purity, chastity and obedience. It also indicates that you need to live up to the vows and promises you have made. It also foretells that material fortune and gain will interfere with your spirituality. Consider also the pun of being "none" or "nothing".

Convent
To dream that you are at a convent, represents your need for spiritual support and nurturance.

Railroad
To see a railroad in your dream, signifies that you have laid out a set track toward achieving your goals. To see an obstruction on the railroad, denotes the path toward your goals will not be an easy one. It may also indicate that you have lost track of your goals.

Bridge
To dream that you are crossing a bridge, signifies an important decision or a critical junction in your life. This decision will prove to be a positive change with prosperity and wealth in the horizon. Bridges represent a transitional period in your life where you will be moving on to a new stage. To dream of a run-down bridge, indicates that you should not contemplate any major changes in your life at this time. To see a bridge collapse in your dream, denotes that you have let a great opportunity pass you by.

Hand
To dream of your hands, represents your relationship to those around you and how you connect with the world. Hands serve as a form of communication. Perhaps you need to lend out a helping hand to someone. In particular, the left hand symbolizes your graciousness and feminine, receptive qualities. And the right hand symbolizes masculine, active attributes. It may also be a pun for some decision or something being "right".

To dream that you are holding hands with someone, represents your connection with that person. Your dream may also reflect anxieties about losing touch with him/her or that you are drifting apart. To dream that you hands are injured, denotes an attack on your ego. To dream that your hands are clasped or closed, signifies unity, completeness, acceptance or agreement. On a more negative note, it may suggest that you are close-minded, ungiving or unwilling to help.

Car
To dream that you are driving a car, denotes your ambition, your drive and your ability to navigate from one stage of your life to another. Consider how smooth or rough the car ride is. Whether you are driving the car or a passenger, is indicative of of your active role or passive role in your life. If you are in the backseat of the car, then it indicates that you are putting yourself down and are allowing others to take over. This may be a result of low self-esteem or low self-confidence. Overall, this dream symbol is an indication of your dependence and degree of control you have on your life.

To dream that you are almost hit by a car, suggests that your lifestyle, beliefs or goals may be in conflict with another's. It may also be symbolic of a jolting experience or injured pride.To dream that you are riding in an automobile, signifies that even in pleasant situations, you will still be restless and uneasy. To dream that you nearly escape from the impact of an automobile, denotes that you will successfully overcome any rivalry.

Accident
To dream that you are in an accident, signifies pent up guilt and you are sub-consciously punishing yourself over it. To dream of a car accident, symbolizes your emotional state. You may be harboring deep anxieties and fears. Are you "driving" yourself too hard? This dream may tell you to slow down before you hit disaster. You need to rethink or re-plan your course of actions and set yourself on a better path.

Crash
To dream that you are in a car crash, indicates that your beliefs, lifestyle, or goals are clashing with another's. It may also represent a shocking situation or painful experience. Alternatively, car crashes may forewarn of your dangerous or careless driving habits.

There's almost too much there to absorb. I'll have to think about it all for a while.

1 Comments:

Blogger RisibleGirl said...

I read an interesting Readers Digest article from this month (if you have it there, go pick one up because I thought of you) about dreams and what they mean.

Turns out (and I think they're right) that you are the best analyst of your dreams. The dream analysis books are mostly hooey.

Go buy the mag if you have it there. I think you'd find it interesting. They help you figure out how to know what your dreams mean to YOU.

3:47 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home