Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Perspective

It's rare that I share my poetry on here, for various reasons. The first verse of this one came to me last night as I was getting ready to go to bed and hanging out some washing. I got lines 1-4, then 7 & 8, but I was completely stuck on the 5th and 6th lines. That doesn't happen to me often. Usually, a thought will come into my head and I'll just write. The whole thing happens within minutes.

Last night, I couldn't think of what I wanted to say. While I was searching for ideas, T rang, so I closed my book for the night. Then something happened today. Or maybe it was a series of somethings that happened, or a feeling I got. Bad things happen to good people, and people should look after each other. Life is just too short, ya know?

If I Told You

If I told you all my secrets,
could you keep them?
If I told you all my fears,
could I feel safe?

If I was running out of air,
would you help me breathe again?
If my course was turning circles,
would you make it straight?

If my nights were filled with terrors,
would you chase my demons?
If time was slipping by,
would you make it wait?

For I am here
to fill your world with sunshine.
It's my goal
to put a smile upon your face.

And I am here
to guide you over landmines.
I'll walk with you
till we find that peaceful place.

I'll share with you my secrets
and be set free.
I'll keep yours, and you know
that they'll be safe.

You and I are in
this life together.
Let's enjoy it, take our time,
it's not a race.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this. I think I needed to read this today. I don't know... it just touched something in me that needed to be touched.

Thank you so much for sharing.

3:54 am  
Blogger E in Oz said...

Sweety, know I'm thinking of you. Sending you sunshine. xx

9:21 am  
Blogger ezri.blue said...

Wow this is a beautiful and touching piece of poetry.

10:18 am  
Blogger E in Oz said...

Thanks E. I'm glad you like it. :-)

9:46 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home