Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Rationalising

Perth has a lower cost of living than here. I understand that. I also understand that salaries are relative. I am having such a hard time accepting that I can't get the same salary over there as I can here. I know it wouldn't be a backwards step, but I also know seeing a lesser amount deposited into my account each month is going to mess with my head.

I don't want to allow myself to get anxious about this. Logically, I get it, but it feels.... I dunno.

How do I get around that?

7 Comments:

Blogger SJ said...

Stop thinking of reasons not to go! Yo uknow that's what you're doing! :)

4:32 pm  
Blogger E in Oz said...

Hmmm...ya know, it hadn't occured to me I was thinking that for that reason. I know I worry about some aspects of it all, but I haven't really thought I wouldn't go. I have to stop thinking 'scary' and start thinking 'exciting'. :-)

6:48 pm  
Blogger kT said...

Find something small you can cut out of your regular expenditures and sock away a little money. That's what I do when I'm starting to feel overwhelmed and poor.

And HELL YES, go for Exciting.

6:23 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Forget the money E,if you can find work you'll enjoy that's the ticket and T will be the icing on the cake

7:31 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with Rich on this one. You'll have a job that keeps you where you need to be financially, plus you'll have T which just bumps you up over the top ;)

It'll be great, just hang on to that fact and try not to sweat the stuff that really doesn't matter in the end, you know?

8:33 am  
Blogger ezri.blue said...

I'm just going to agree with everyone here. Excited, excited, excited!

5:01 pm  
Blogger Sara said...

Oooh - this came in my email today...

"Nothing can bring you peace but yourself"

It's Ralph Waldo Emerson.

It applies to me in about a million different ways right now, so I thought that I would share.

9:34 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home