Friday, December 30, 2005

It could have been worse.....

Yes, I'm back already....briefly.

Yesterday was insane. For most of the day, we were wishing we'd just stayed in bed.

We woke up about 90 minutes later than we had to, to do what we wanted to do. Once we left home and drove half way to the city, we realised we'd both left our phones at home, so we drove back home, picked them up and got on our way again.

We got to the city and T ran into the camera store to buy his film. Ages later, he emerges and we drive off....only to discover the guy had charged him $850 for his film, not $350, so we had to drive back there again to get that sorted out.

Next, we got stuck in a massive traffic jam on the main arterial road south, only to get through that, drive for an hour and get stuck in another major traffic jam for ages.

Once we got through that, we thought we were fine....till a teenager two cars in front of me braked suddenly, the woman in front of me slammed into the back of him and, despite me being a safe distance back and braking as hard as I could, I went sailing into the back of her. That wasn't fun at all! Nobody was hurt though, just way shook up, but it certainly wasn't a fun moment in time.

My legs went to jelly after all that, so T wouldn't let me drive for the rest of the day. I was ok to drive, because I wasn't hurt....just didn't feel too good. And I was pissed that I'd had an accident.

Thank G-d for daylight savings. We left home around 10.30am and should have been where we were going by 2pm, but we didn't get to our destination till about 6pm. It was still so incredibly sunny though, so we managed almost 4 hours of taking fantastic photos (which I'll have to post when we get back from Tassie), before it got dark and we had to drive home....where we arrived at just after 1.30am this morning.

So instead of more touristy things today, we're off to the police to fill out an accident report, then ring the insurance company and go off to get the damage to my car assessed.

Life is never dull, huh!

5 Comments:

Blogger Anonymous G said...

ack!
Sounds like a lotta crapola and only a little bit of the good stuff.

Now that you've got all the bad stuff out of the way, you can enjoy the rest of your holiday.

cheers!

4:22 pm  
Blogger kT said...

Glad you're okay! Hope you enjoy the rest of your trip.....

8:39 am  
Blogger SJ said...

$350 BUCKS!! ON FILM!!!

1:53 am  
Blogger monica said...

E!!! Come home!!!!!!

Hee hee hee hee. Like you wanna, right? But since when is this about YOU???

Miss ya. Can't wait to hear of all the adventures and see some photos. Heck, with THAT much film, there ought to be a plethora from which to choose, right?

11:24 am  
Blogger Sara said...

YEAH what Monica said... I miss ya!

:)

12:02 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home