Tuesday, December 27, 2005

A strang(er) Christmas

I can't say I was looking forward to spending Christmas day with virtual strangers, but it ended up being pretty good ... apart from the times where I was sitting there feeling a bit like the third (or 23rd) wheel, because I couldn't join in the conversation.

It wasn't at my brother's girlfriend's parent's house; the place I'd been only once before, last Christmas Eve. No, this time, it was at my brother's girlfriend's mother's sister's place. I couldn't tell you all their names. My brother calls his gf's parents by the wrong names as part of a joke about him calling them the wrong names the first time they met...so I'm not sure if the names I have in my head are their correct names or the names my brother calls them.

Either way, his gf's dad did ask me if I was stalking them. Not sure what that was about. If I were him, I'd be more concerned about the fact that I turn up once a year to sit with strangers for a free meal.

I did have a good time though...despite my bah humbugness and my general dislike for 'visiting' on Christmas day.

Oh yeah, and I took my fabo new camera with me....but neglected to take the memory card, and the batteries went flat. I'm officially a dork and shouldn't be allowed near anything technical anymore till I've done some sort of penance for that. Techno girl, left home without her brain too, it seems. Oh well...

Just wait till I tell ya about the debacle that I envisage for New Years Eve!

Stay tuned.....!!

Hope y'all had a good one!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehe... stalking them? wow. that's a hilariously droll thing to say, not to mention random of him. I had a good Christmas too, but the magic fades with age, sadly, and I don't like that fact.

4:23 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home